Portal 2 Puzzle Maker: Piston Platform
This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Piston Platforms are testing elements in Portal 2. They move vertically in 128 unit increments, up to a limit of 384 vertical units.
Entity Cost: 44
Entity Cost: 8
- Connect to...
- Opens a pointer to select a test element that activates the Piston Platform.
- Remove connections
- Shows existing connections to other test elements and allows to delete these.
- Delete item
- Deletes the Piston Platform.
- If checked, the small frame that is left around the base of the Piston Platform becomes white. If unchecked, it becomes black. This is only a change of the appearance, it has no effect on the gameplay.
- Pull surface
- Moves the selected Piston Platform further into the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
- Push surface
- Pushes the selected Piston Platform out of the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
- The height the platform raises to can be adjusted by dragging the arrow above the platform up and down.
- The raised height of the platform cannot be altered from the value set in the editor via inputs.
- Be wary of exceeding the item limit when using Piston Platforms--they consume the most entities of any testing element.