Portal 2 Puzzle Maker: Laser Relay
This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
- This article contains content specific to the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker. For the Authoring Tools equivalent, see Thermal Discouragement Beam and prop_laser_relay.
A laser relay is a test element in the map editor. This test element is very similar to a Laser Catcher, but instead, is not attached to a wall or ceiling. The relay is placed on the floor, and a laser can pass through it. This could be useful for using the laser to enable multiple objects at once.
Entity Cost: 3
- Connect to...
- Opens a pointer to select a test element that gets activated when the Laser Relay is activated.
- Remove connections
- Shows existing connections to other test elements and allows to delete these.
- Delete item
- Deletes the Laser Relay.
- If checked, the rest of the surface the Laser Relay is placed on becomes white. If unchecked, the surface becomes black.
- Pull surface
- Moves the selected Laser Relay further into the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
- Push surface
- Pushes the selected Laser Relay out of the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
To do: add placement rules