Portal 2 Puzzle Maker: Laser Catcher
This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
- This article contains content specific to the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker. For the Authoring Tools equivalent, see Thermal Discouragement Beam and prop_laser_catcher.
A laser catcher is a test element available in the map editor. Similar to a button, the catcher can be used to activate other items present in the test. The catcher is activated when a laser comes into contact with it's receptacle, which is possible through portals or redirection cubes.
To do: add images
Entity Cost: 4
- Connect to...
- Opens a pointer to select a test element that gets activated when the Laser Catcher is activated.
- Remove connections
- Shows existing connections to other test elements and allows to delete these.
- Delete item
- Deletes the Laser Catcher.
- If checked, the rest of the surface the Laser Catcher is placed on becomes white. If unchecked, the surface becomes black.
- Pull surface
- Moves the selected Laser Catcher further into the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
- Push surface
- Pushes the selected Laser Catcher out of the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
To do: add placement rules