Difference between revisions of "Portal 2 Puzzle Maker/Laser Catcher"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
== Placement ==
== Placement ==
Revision as of 08:58, 4 July 2012
This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
- This article contains content specific to the Portal 2 Puzzle Maker. For the Authoring Tools equivalent, see Thermal Discouragement Beam and prop_laser_catcher.
A laser catcher is a test element available in the map editor. Similar to a button, the catcher can be used to activate other items present in the test. The catcher is activated when a laser comes into contact with it's receptacle, which is possible through portals or redirection cubes.
Entity Cost: 4
- Connect to...
- Opens a pointer to select a test element that gets activated when the Laser Catcher is activated.
- Remove connections
- Shows existing connections to other test elements and allows to delete these.
- Delete item
- Deletes the Laser Catcher.
- If checked, the rest of the surface the Laser Catcher is placed on becomes white. If unchecked, the surface becomes black.
- Pull surface
- Moves the selected Laser Catcher further into the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
- Push surface
- Pushes the selected Laser Catcher out of the room together with the wall/ceiling/floor block behind it.
The Laser Catcher can be placed on a wall, and takes up 124x124 behind itself. It cannot be put next to (or on the same block as) an Observation Room, Laser Emitter, Entry Door or Exit Door. It can, however, be placed on the same block as a Light Strip, Glass, Grating and Laser Field/Fizzler