From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 04:30, 8 October 2005 by Maven (bot-assisted creation)
An entity that creates tesla lightning arcs around its origin.
- Template:Kv Targetname
- <string> If specified, tesla lightning will originate from the specified entity. Otherwise, they originate from this entity.
- <string> Sound to be played whenever lightning is created. Default: DoSpark
- <sprite> Material to use for the tesla lightning beams. Default: sprites/physbeam.vmt
- <color255> Color. Default: 255 255 255
- <integer> Radius around the origin to find a point to strike with a tesla lightning beam. Default: 200
- <integer> Minimum number of tesla lightning beams to create when creating an arc. Default: 6
- <integer> Maximum number of tesla lightning beams to create when creating an arc. Default: 8
- <string> Minimum width of the tesla lightning beams. Default: 4
- <string> Maximum width of the tesla lightning beams. Default: 5
- <string> Minimum lifetime of the tesla lightning beams. Default: 0.3
- <string> Maximum lifetime of the tesla lightning beams. Default: 0.3
- <string> Minimum time delay between random arcing. Default: 0.5
- <string> Maximum time delay between random arcing. Default: 2
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Turn emitter on.
- Turn emitter off.
- Force a single arc.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.