From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 04:34, 8 October 2005 by Maven (bot-assisted creation)
An entity that does damage to all entities in a radius around itself, with a specified delay. If 'Target Entity' is specified, the damage is only done to that entity.
- Template:Kv Targetname
- <string> If specified, only this entity will take damage. Otherwise, all entities within the Radius will take damage.
- <float> All entities within this radius of this entity will take damage. If a 'Target Entity' is specified, only that entity will take damage. Default: 256
- <integer> Damage done to all affected entities each time this entity fires. Default: 5
- <float> Delay between refires, in seconds. Default: 1
- <choices> Damage Type. Default: 0 : "Type of damage to inflict on entities damaged."
Literal value Description 0 GENERIC 1 CRUSH 2 BULLET 4 SLASH 8 BURN 16 FREEZE 32 FALL 64 BLAST 128 CLUB 256 SHOCK 512 SONIC 1024 ENERGYBEAM 16384 DROWN 32768 PARALYSE 65536 NERVEGAS 131072 POISON 262144 RADIATION 524288 DROWNRECOVER 1048576 CHEMICAL 2097152 SLOWBURN 4194304 SLOWFREEZE
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Force a single fire, damaging either the Target Entity or all entities within the radius.
- Enable this entity. It will start damaging entities everytime it fires, and refire based upon the specified Delay.
- Disable this entity. It will stop damaging entities.
- Toggle this entity between On/Off state.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.