Point commentary node
The core entity used in the Commentary System. It appears as a floating speech bubble for the player to +USE, which then starts the commentary playing.
Unlike most entities, the point_commentary_node is often hand-edited into the commentary files, and as a result, there are some extra keys listed here that Hammer would normally fill in automatically for you.
- <vector (X,Y,Z)> The origin of this entity within the map.
- <angles> The orientation of this entity within the map.
- <sound> The commentary sound file that should be played when this node is used by the player.
- <sound> The commentary sound file that should be played when this node is used by the player. If the player has HDR turned off, this file will be used instead of the commentaryfile. If this entry is not specified, the base commentaryfile entry will still be used.
- <string> The name of the speakers of the commentary sound file(s). Will be displayed in the HUD while the commentary sound file is playing.
- <string> A semi-colon delimited list of commands that should entered into the console when the commentary file starts playing. e.g.
ai_disable 1;mat_wireframe 1;
- <string> A semi-colon delimited list of commands that should entered into the console when the commentary file finishes playing. e.g.
ai_disable 0;mat_wireframe 0;
- <target_destination> The targetname of an entity to which the players view should move while the commentary file is playing. When the commentary file finishes, the players view will move back to the place it was when the commentary started.
- <target_destination> The targetname of an entity that the players view should track while the commentary file is playing. The player will not be able to control their view while the commentary file plays.
- <boolean> If true, the player will not be able to move while the commentary sound file is playing.
- Force the commentary node to start.
- Force the commentary node to start, and don't allow the player to stop it in any way.
- Template:O targetname
- Fires when this commentary starts playing.
- Fires when this commentary stops playing. May be caused by the commentary file finishing, or by the player stopping it manually (if the node wasn't started with the StartUnstoppableCommentary input). If the node controls the players view with the viewposition key, then this input will be fired when the players view has finished returning to its original position.