P2 Multichunk Tool
- Download the executable.
- Place the executable in your Mod folder
How to use
1. When you first execute the tool, this is what you'll see:
The tool will auto-set it's vpk path to the following defaut path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal 2\bin
The path is stored on the file
data.json that it's created when you first run the tool.
2. Choose option
"2 - Execute P2Multichunker", the following screen will display:
Do not close the prompt untill the process is done, when it's done, it will require you to press a key and then will bring you back to the main menu.
3. Your mod folder must now look like this.
If, so, then it's done, your vpk's where successfully generated, the amount of files generated will depend on how many assets you have to pack, you have to delete the vpk's and repeat the process if you want to add new assets to them, so it's best to do this once you near release.
Changing the default VPK Path
- Choose Option
'1 - VPK.exe path'
- The tool will display your current path and ask to confirm if you really want to change choose
- Insert the new path without the
"\vpk.exe"and press enter.
- Done, you successfully changed the path.