A Combine scanner. The default model is used for surveillance and scouting, while the shield scanner model has more military applications, like enemy distraction (through blinding) and bounding mine deployment.
Note: Maps starting with d3_c17 do not spawn regular scanners, but shield scanners. See npc_clawscanner for the Episode One alternative.
Note: NPC modders should consider condensing the ShouldInspect, OnlyInspectPlayers, and NeverInspectPlayers keyvalues into one keyvalue, but still leave the old ones for backwards compatibility.
Dedicated Console Variables
- g_debug_cscanner (Default: 0)
- sk_scanner_dmg_dive (Default: 25)
- <integer> When this scanner hits another entity that isn't a scanner, it will damage the entity by this value.
- sk_scanner_health (Default: 30)
- <integer> A scanner's spawn health.
- Template:Fl basenpc
- 65536 : No Dynamic Light
- 131072 : Strider Scout Scanner
- This scanner moves faster and follows an npc_strider
- InspectTargetPhoto <target_name_or_class>
- Tells the scanner to photograph the given entity, named by classname or by target name. !activator or !player works here also.
- InspectTargetSpotlight <target_name_or_class>
- Tells the scanner to spotlight the given entity, named by classname or by target name. !activator or !player works here also.
- SetFlightSpeed <integer>
- Sets the flight speed of the scanner
- InputShouldInspect <boolean>
- Set whether should inspect or not
- SetFollowTarget <target_name_or_class>
- Set target to follow until told otherwise
- Stop following our target
- SetDistanceOverride <float>
- Override the distance the scanner will attempt to keep between inspection targets and itself
- Drop landmine (if carrying one)
- Equip with landmine
- Fired any time the scanner takes a picture of the player. Template:Plact