Difference between revisions of "No More Room in Hell"
m (Added to MP category)
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
1.2 GHz Processor
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Revision as of 07:33, 4 September 2006
|Title||No More Room In Hell|
|Planned Release||Q3 2006|
|Ratings||ESRB: Mature 17+ (M)|
1.2 GHz Processor 256MB RAM DirectX 7 capable graphics card Windows 2000/XP/ME/98 Mouse Keyboard Internet Connection
No More Room in Hell is an unreleased modification of the best selling game "Half life 2" by Valve software. It will feature a team of human players cooperating against a team of NPC (Non Player Character) Zombies, It has been in development for several years and will most likely release in the near future. (Fall 2006)
"No More Room in Hell" will have two core gameplay modes, Escape and Barricade.
- The survivors (players) have found themselves hounded wherever they go and are now on the run. As the horde of zombies close in on them they desperately seek to escape to safety. Players can either start in the same location or in different locations, depending on the map. Along the way players will need to complete objectives in order to proceed. If killed, players can respawn at certain checkpoints in the map. Reagrdless, the survivors will need to team up and move fast to stay one step ahead of the zombies. Escape rounds may last up to twenty minutes.
- The survivors (players) find themselves in dire straights as they are pitted against a seemingly endless horde of zombies. A survivor's worst nightmare, they must barricade and defend a location for set duration. When this time has elapsed the survivors will either have succeeded in their goal (win) or be required to complete secondary objectives and/or reach an escape location on the map (i.e. a helicopter evacuation zone). This gameplay mode is not for the lone-wolf player, as it will require a strong co-operative team effort if the players ever hope for any chance of survival. Barricade rounds may last from four to ten minutes.
Maps(Map list is incomplete, more will be added as they become known)
- City of Dawn
- Urban Area, Abandoned and destroyed cars litter the streets and skyscrapers loom in the backround as you fight for survival in this concrete jungle. Board yourself up in a multitude of stores or make good your escape from the city of the damned.
- Last Transit
- This level is set in an underground subway station and the area above it, fight in and around subway cars and stations. Will you catch the train to salvation or be devoured by the undead hordes?
- Outpost 31
- Inspired in part by the John Carpenter classic "The thing", Even an arctic outpost is not safe from the zombie invasion. Bitter cold and isolation make this a challenging map for even the most seasoned survivors.
- This takes place in an underground office building which is overrun by the undead. Employees must fight back and escape to see the light of day once again (if it even exists anymore).
No More Room in Hell will feature many interesting gameplay elements:
- Co-Op Gameplay
- Teamwork is the key to survival against the zombies, and to this end players will be able to do everything from sharing weapons, ammo, and equipment with other survivors to working together to help barricade a building and fight off zombies.
- New Models
- A sweeping series of changes have been made to give the mod the look and feel of modern survival horror game. Players will be given access to all new weapons (melee/firearm/explosive), new equipment, new vehicles, and even new character and object models, each based on realistic expectations. What would be available to the average citizen during the outbreak?
- Lock those doors and bolts the windows. Not enough? Don't worry players will be able to board-up windows and doors to keep the zombies out. But the question is… for how long?
- Far from just the classic "Shuffler" zombies that slowly stumble towards survivors, there will also be the fast-moving "Runner" zombies as popularized in the movie, Dawn of the Dead. The fresher the infected corpse, the faster the zombie will still be able to move, but as the infection spreads so too does the rot and decay that turns the zombies into a shuffling and clawing hoard.
- Zombie AI
- Far from the simple Headcrab zombies of Half-Life 2 fame, the zombies in "No More Room in Hell" will possess a different set of hunting skills to bring them closer to their horror movie brethren. Zombies will hunt by hearing, sight, and smell. Zombies may have poorer eyesight than they did in life, but a player who makes noise will draw a zombie's attention and with their keen sense of smell, although working only at a short range, they can detect a player hiding nervously inside a closet or from behind a barricade.
- Players can dismember a zombie's body, taking it apart limb by limb. Remove a leg or two and they will collapse, but be careful though, as they will still come crawling after you…
- NPC Survivors
- At times players might encounter NPCs (computer-controlled, "Non-Playing Characters" or simply "bots"). Whether acting as additional support for maps where minimum players requirements have not been met or as helpless civilians seeking rescue during the chaos of the zombie apocalypse. Some NPCs survivors will arm themselves, or already be armed, with weapons while others will only cower in fear… following closely behind you in hopes of finding salvation. NPCs will follow player commands… with the exception of the military. NPC soldiers have their own agendas that can sometimes even work at cross-purposes to player survival.
- Every zombie is infected and they carry that infection within them. The infection is passed to a survivor through a zombie's bite. A single bite is a death sentence as there is no cure… only time before the player dies and joins the ranks of the living dead. The healthier a player is, the longer they will resist the infection. As death nears a player will hear and see the symptoms marking their immanent demise.
- Minimal HUD
- In order to immerse players into the action many of the gauges and counters that normally clutter Half-Life 2's FPS view will be removed. Instead players will need to rely on innate skills, actions, and visual/audio cues to realize their situation. This extends to health aspects, such as: drowning, injury, infection, fatigue, and hypothermia.
- Classic Movie Mode
- Feeling a bit nostalgic for zombie movie classics like, "Night of the Living Dead"? Not anymore. You will have the option to activate a movie filter mode. This mode will transform your screen into a grainy black and white motion picture straight from a 1960's horror flick. Once selected from the menu options, even the menu will change to reflect the classic horror theme and a 1960's style of orchestral music will play in the background.
- Darkness & Light
- Players will carry hand-held flashlights in addition to any weapon they might choose to hold, but should that weapon require two hands to hold, it will require the player to sacrifice using their flashlight (unless the weapon generates its own light) and dark areas become that much more menacing. Of course other players could help light the way with their flashlights...
- The players are survivors, not trained marksmen or combat specialists, and as such their aims are natural and unskilled. When you fire it is down the length of the barrel of your gun. Also, the less time taken to brace for your shot, the sloppier your aim will be over longer distances.
- Whether exotic, countryside, urban, or just down the block, players will find themselves in a wide variety of locations from around the world as they fight, or flee, from the living dead.
- Mod Leader/Founder
- Coleman 'Cs42886' Sweeney
- Lead Music Composer
- Rich 'Beckett' Douglas
- Voice Actors
- Tyler '3p!demiC' Grohoski
- Chris 'Captain Munky' Adams
- Lead Artist
- David 'ReK0' Shearer
- Matt 'Maxx' Kazan
- Colin 'cjsitter' Merrick
- Johnny 'pow89' Holloway
- Jeremy 'Slum' Mitchell
- Nicholas 'Dark' King
- Jacob 'darth_brush' Wawer
- Jason 'Generalvivi' Mojica
- Andrew 'ssba' Orner
- Cory 'cvogel' Vogel
- Conceptual Artwork
- Video Teaser
- Character Modeler / Skinner
- Models & UVMaps
- Level Design & Website/Forum
- Models & Skins