A prefab located in the Prefabs HL2 folder, containing a player spawn that will simulate the player starting out with enough firepower to take on any reasonable challenge in a map. It is designed for testing out Half-Life 2 (single player) maps.
This prefab contains the following:
- An info_player_start entity that will spawn the player.
- A logic_auto entity that will trigger the spawning of equipment.
- Three point_template entities that will spawn the equipment inside the player spawn.
- An item_suit template to be spawned.
- Several weapon entities and item_dynamic_resupply entities that will be the templates to spawn. (The item_dynamic_resupply entities will ensure the level of health, health, batteries and ammo.)
This is how they work: On the start of a new game, the logic_auto will trigger three point_templates to spawn the following at their position (that will make the spawning player automatically receive them):
- A HEV suit.
- Enough medpacks to ensure full health.
- Enough batteries to ensure 50% armour.
- All handheld weapons available in single player (crowbar, pistol, .357 magnum revolver, Overwatch assault rifle, bugbait, crossbow, physgun (weapon_physcannon), RPG launcher, shotgun, and submachine gun).
- Enough ammo to provide full ammo for the pistol, submachine gun (including max grenades), Overwatch assault rifle, and the RPG launcher.
- Enough ammo to provide 50% ammo for the shotgun, .357 magnum revolver, crossbow, and fragmentation grenades.