New Help Desk
Click Add topic to make a new post. Please sign your post with four tildes (~~~~).
Setting the game directory
I have a fully compiled and working copy of Source SDK Base 2013 running and i have been asking this question for ages but how do you change the game directory name from "hl2" to something else and get it to launch the game correctly?
I've never done anything with 2013, so somebody else probably has a better solution. I just got it to work by doing this:
- Change every instance of "
hl2" in hl2's gameinfo.txt to "
- Rename the hl2 folder from "hl2" to "test".
-game testin the launch parameters.
- Change every instance of "
- The only issue I noticed in the first map (d1_trainstation_01) was missing chapter titles. Pinsplash (talk) 01:09, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
- Please don't listen to this guy above, he is horridly incorrect.
- Do not edit hl2's gameinfo, it will not help you. If you need to change your mod title/appid/etc to your own, check in your OWN gameinfo.txt.
- Do not change every reference of hl2 in the gameinfo to test as you need to mount hl2 VPKs.
- I'd recommend copying the mod_hl2 folder to test instead of replacing it, for easy access if you need reference to stuff you changed.
-game testis 50% correct. You need to either launch the base with -game "C:\PathToMyMod\test" OR you can symlink your game folder to the sourcemods folder in Steam
- Re: chapter titles, you need to go into mymod/resource, and rename hl2_language.txt (where language can be any language) to mymod_language.txt (where mymod is the name of your mod) OR you can load hl2's language files manually in your mod source code, which may be cleaner (that's what I do.)
- Getting real sick of your shitty, uninformed contributions, Pinsplash. - JoshuaAshton (talk) 03:04, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
audio input setting for mic
Valve games have seem to become a trend not to include separate input selections for audio playback (speakers) and audio recording (mic) devices. It has even been removed from the new friends list GUI and they've stopped putting such a selection for both in game options like for CSGO and many other newer Valve titles. Is there a command line to set the audio input (mic) and output (speakers) devices? If there is I have been unable to find it and would appreciate someone letting me know what it is.
Reason being: Not everyone uses the same device for both. For example I use an HDTV for my speakers through HDMI and an onboard sound device for my mic so not having a setting selection for both in-games options is a huge inconvenience that stops me from being able to use voice chat in a lot of games. I'm not the only one experiencing this difficulty.
What is the command line to force a game to use a specific device for audio input (mic), and audio output (speakers)? -Bort
- Never heard of any Source game having options for which input and output to use. Kinda more of an OS-side thing, isn't it..? Pinsplash (talk) 00:54, 3 October 2018 (UTC)
Replacing the new glove/hand FBX model with a custom FBX model
I am currently trying to find documentation on how I can replace the VR slim glove model with a custom model but still use the skeleton behavior on it. When I import my model into Unity and attach the hand motions to it I get some undesirable scaling to the model and most of the time doesn't even resemble my mesh. I have weight painted my model the same and even used the same armature however I still have no success. If you could provide some instructions or a guide I think that could be very helpful.
Thank you in advance for any insight you could provide.
No mdl files.
Hello everyone, I have recently gotten into mapping for garry's mod, but have quickly ran into a big obstacle. So here is my problem: When I want to add a prop to my map, I add an entity, which I double click with my selector. I got to prop_static, because that is where I need a prop from. I click on world model, and on the little window where you filter for the model you want, it says: No mdl. files. I haven't found a solution for this on the internet, so it is probably a small little mistake I have made. Anyways, I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!