Finding The Model
Moving Clouds are a simple prop_dynamic away
The models available in CS:S are:
And some others
- So if you want theses clouds in an HL2 map, download GCFScape.
- Open Counter Strike Source Shared.gcf.
- Navigate to models/props/cs_office and extract all clouds files you find.
- Navigate to materials/models/props/cs_office and Extract all clouds files you find.
- Place the models in models/props/cs_office in hl2 folder and place the materials in materials/models/props/cs_office
- Restart Hammer (if it is running) and you will find the model in the list
Placing The Model
Now you got your model, so make a 3d skybox, and place the model in it as a prop_dynamic. Put the prop_dynamic by the center of your sky_camera in the skybox. Resize your 3d skybox if you have to, but its cooler to see all the cloud model. Compile and you're done!
|Skies and environment maps||Skybox (2D) • Skybox (3D) • HDR Skies • Skybox with Terragen • Skybox with Terragen - Advanced • List of skies|
|Terrain and displacement mapping||Displacements • Holes in displacements • Digital Elevation Models|