Material Download Sites
The purpose of this article is to provide sites where developers can find extra materials to use in their maps. Please check for any limitations (e.g. no commercial use) when downloading and using resources you find on the web.
- Textures Link Directory - Add your site for free.
- CG Textures - Thousands of high quality, royalty free texture/reference photos.
- Free Texture Packs - Hundreds of royalty-free textures in various categories.
- The_Best_Flash's Junk - Over 200 bumpmapped VTF files.
- Prototstar's Solar Industry - Custom-made textures made for Source Engine.
- VGPro (downloads site) - Half-Life 2 Texture Pack 2 by cncr04s
- Animax.it - Free textures.
- Image * After - 10,000+ free images and textures.
- Textures Library - Free textures for download, organized into categories.
- Mayang.com Textures - Free textures for your maps and mods.
- Moddb texture site directory - Directory of free, ready to use game textures.
- MorgueFile - Free, high-resolution stock photography.
- Oyonale - Small library of source photos suitable for turning into textures, courtesy of Gilles Tran.
- LocationWorks - Lots of pictures, anything from old castles to pubs.
- SXC.HU - Huge library of images.
- Berneyboy Texture Packs - Photo-realistic and Lego styled.
- David Gurrea
- Absolute Background Textures Archive - "Cheap 'n' Cheerful Low-res"
- Texture Forrest
- Lemog's Maya Textures
- 3d.sk - Human Photo References for 3D Artists and Game Developers (large source -partly free)
- ShutterStock - 700,000 photos/vectors/illustrations/images/etc avail by subscription. All royalty-free.
- Creative Commons Exceptional public domain quality.
- DeathByNukes.com A few free, ready to use Source materials.