From Valve Developer Community
This is a list of sites about mapping, including tutorials, articles, communities, etc. Creative toolset to becoming a game level designer and 3d environment artist.
- Balticforever - Mapping and modeling community.
- Facepunch - Forums with a huge Source Engine Mapping Section.
- Gamebanana > Tutorials - Tutorials related to a variety of Source Games.
- Halfwit-2 - Another collection of Mapping tutorials.
- Interlopers - Half-Life 2 News & Tutorials.
- L4Dmaps - Mapping forums and resource site for the L4D series.
- Lambdageneration - Articles & Tutorials about Source Engine modding & level design.
- Mapcore - International game development community with many users working in the game industry.
- Mappingbase German mapping community with more than 300 tutorials for the Source Engine.
- mIKe's ReVeNGe - HL2DM Community with an Excellent set of Tutorials!
- Modding-Area - Tutorials on Mapping, Beginner to Advanced, all in French!
- TF2Maps.net - Mapping forums and resource site for TF2.
- The RaZZeR App - German tutorials on Source engine development.
- The Snarkpit - Mapping and modeling community site.
- The Wall - German mapping community for Goldsource and Source.
- ThinkingWithPortals - Portal 2 mapping community and public download database.
- The Whole Half-Life - Mapping community and tutorial site with busy forums for Goldsource and Source mappers.
- UberMicro - Mapping forums for all Valve games. Help with Valve's Hammer Editor.
- World of Level Design - Website dedicated to mapping tutorials, 3d environment modeling, level design articles.