Map Resource Extractor
Map Resource Extractor (MRE) is a small program that reads the VMF, and only copies the content that has been used in the map. It's written in C# and requires Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 or higher.
- Materials (all materials, model materials as well, also including skybox, detail texture and detail.VBSP)
1. Select the Map File (.VMF)
2. Add the Game Directory, which you have used custom content from, add multiple if necessary.
3. Choose the resources directory, in which the used content will be copied, in the Options on the bottom left. By default, it is in <Program Filepath>/resources
4. Press START... on the bottom right. Now you will have to wait several minutes, depending on your computer. It copies all models found in the map (therefore only used models).
Then you will be prompted to select the decompiled models:
Select the folder you decompiled the models in, and press OK.
After that, it copies the used content to the resources directory.
Done. You can press the Go To Resources... button on the bottom left to directly go to the resources folder.
Current version: Alpha
Developers note: This is the first version. If you find any issues or want to suggest anything (first make sure you have done everything alright) please check the Readme.txt, there is information where to report.