Logic measure movement
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 08:26, 6 July 2005 by Demented
Entity Name: logic_measure_movement
An entity that can measure the movement of an entity relative to another entity and apply that movement to a third entity.
- Name targetname <target_source>
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Entity to Measure MeasureTarget <target_destination>
- Entity whose movement you want to measure.
- Measure Reference MeasureReference <target_destination>
- The movement of Entity to Measure will be measured relative to this entity.
- Entity to Move Target <target_destination>
- This entity will be moved to mimic the motions of Entity to Measure.
- Movement Reference TargetReference <target_destination>
- The Entity to Move will move relative to this entity.
- Movement scale TargetScale <float>
- A scale to divide the measured movements by, before applying those movements to the Entity to Move. 1 = target entity moves as much as the measured entity, 2 = target entity moves half as far as the measured entity, and 0.5 = target entity moves twice as far as the measured entity.
- Measurement Type MeasureType <choices>
- What to measure. If Position, measures the entity's linear movement; if Eye Position, measures the entity's angular movement.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- AddOutput <output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire (-1 == infinite)>
- Adds an entity I/O connection to this entity. Very dangerous, use with care
- Causes this entity's OnUser1 output to be fired.
- Causes this entity's OnUser2 output to be fired.
- Causes this entity's OnUser3 output to be fired.
- Causes this entity's OnUser4 output to be fired.
- SetMeasureTarget <string>
- Set the Entity to Measure, whose movement should be measured.
- SetMeasureReference <string>
- Set the Measure Reference entity.
- Target <string>
- Set the Entity to Move, which will be moved to mimic the measured entity.
- SetTargetReference <string>
- Set the Movement Reference entity.
- SetTargetScale <float>
- Set the scale to divide the measured movements by.
- Enable the logic_measure_movement.
- Disable the logic_measure_movement.
- Fired in response to FireUser1 input.
- Fired in response to FireUser2 input.
- Fired in response to FireUser3 input.
- Fired in response to FireUser4 input.
- Useful for simulating motion outside of the hierarchy system.