Left 4 Dead - List of Entities
New & Updated
- env_detail_controller - Overrides the min and max fade distances for details sprites in the map.
- env_outtro_stats - Used to roll the credits and ending statistics.
- env_tonemap_controller_ghost - An entity that controls the HDR tonemapping for ghost players. (Eye exposure)
- env_tonemap_controller_infected - An entity that controls the HDR tonemapping for infected players. (Give infected MUCH higher eye exposure so they can see in the dark.)
- filter_activator_team - Updated to include the Survivor and Infected teams.
- func_button - Updated to give a target object an edge glow when facing the button and within +use range.
- func_detail_blocker - When touching a displacement, this entity prevents detail props from being displayed. Useful for creating paths in heavy detailed areas.
- func_elevator - Used for elevators in Left 4 Dead.
- func_nav_attribute_region - Possibly sets a region which will automatically have the specified attributes in the nav mesh
- func_nav_avoidance_obstacle - Possibly used to give higher priority to go around an area, instead of through it, unless the bots or infected have no other choice. (Used around the cubicles in Dead Air 2)
- func_nav_blocker - Blocks bot navigation.
- func_orator - A very simple model entity that has animations and response rules. Used for the interactive responses from the church guy.
- func_playerinfected_clip - Blocks infected from accessing an area in versus mode.
- func_precipitation - Updated with a new rain and cinder effect.
- func_precipitation_blocker - A brush entity that prevents rain and snow inside its volume.
- func_simpleladder - Similar to func_ladder, but uses trigger texture? Three keyvalues names (normal.x, normal.y, normal.z) interfere with the .fgd. (This ladder entity has a team property. It can be found in versus mode. Team = 1 is presumed survivor, team = 2 is infected)
- fog_volume - Used to fade between env_fog_controllers. (ie: interior vs exterior fog)
- info_changelevel - A point entity version of trigger_changelevel.
- info_director - The Director entity.
- info_game_event_proxy - Triggers a game event.
- info_gamemode - Has outputs to tell which gamemode the map is loaded as. (For dynamic alterations of the map ie: blocked areas for suvival mode)
- info_goal_infected_chase - A target for the bot infected.
- info_map_parameters - Controls map item parameters.
- info_survivor_position - A survivor specific starting position.
- info_survivor_rescue - A possible location of a rescuable survivor.
- info_zombie_spawn - A select spawnpoint for a random infected.
- light_directional - An additional light_environment. Bet results if set to the same angles as the light_environment and change the color to the ambient light setting and add 20-40% more brightness.
- light_spot - Updated to optionally cast dynamic shadows?
- postprocess_controller - Controls postprocess effects.
- shadow_control - Updated to control dynamic shadows from static lights?
- beam_spotlight - Creates a spotlight beam.
- point_deathfall_camera - If a player is in this camera's FOV, it automatically enables when a player is falling to their death. (The same time the player's scream is first heard.)
- point_viewcontrol_multiplayer - A camera entity that controls all players' views. While it's active, the players will see out of the camera.
- point_viewcontrol_survivor - A camera entity that controls the player's view in 3rd person, and can be triggered to zoom into the players head, ending in 1st person view. (For intro sequences)
- commentary_zombie_spawner - Used to spawn a specific zombie class for demonstration purposes.
- prop_car_alarm - A car that is able to trigger a panic event when disturbed.
- prop_car_glass - Breakable glass of a car.
- prop_door_rotating_checkpoint - A safe room checkpoint door.
- prop_health_cabinet - A cabinet that contains health items.
- prop_minigun - A minigun.
- trigger_auto_crouch - Automatically crouch the survivor when within the volume.
- trigger_finale - Triggers the finale onslaught. (Point entity)
- trigger_multiple - Updated with the OnEntireTeamStartTouch and OnEntireTeamEndTouch outputs.
- trigger_once - Updated with the OnEntireTeamStartTouch and OnEntireTeamEndTouch outputs.
- weapon_ammo_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for ammo restock.
- weapon_autoshotgun_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for automatic shotguns.
- weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for first aid kits.
- weapon_hunting_rifle_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for hunting rifles.
- weapon_molotov_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for Molotov cocktails.
- weapon_pain_pills_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for pain pills.
- weapon_pipe_bomb_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for pipe bombs.
- weapon_pistol_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for pistols.
- weapon_pumpshotgun_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for pump shotguns.
- weapon_rifle_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for assault rifles.
- weapon_smg_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for submachineguns.