Difference between revisions of "List of L4D2 Entities"
(→Unlisted: added weapon listing for oxygentank, propanetank, fireworkcrate, cole_bottles and gnome. as they also exist, but were not yet listed)
(Updated Entity List)
|Line 117:||Line 117:|
|Line 140:||Line 144:|
==== script ====
==== script ====
Revision as of 22:19, 3 October 2020
This page lists all entities in Left 4 Dead 2, either from initial release or DLC.
These entities are created automatically during gameplay. Some can be spawned while others can't. They aren't included in any released FGD.
- env_airstrike_indoors - Adds an airstrike effect for indoors (crumbling ceiling)
- env_airstrike_outdoors - Adds an airstrike effect for outdoors
- env_instructor_hint - Allows creation and control of instructor messages through map logic
- env_physics_blocker - blocks players and physics objects
- env_player_blocker - Blocks any PC/NPC from entering of the specified type.
- env_rock_launcher - Spawns and launches rocks that are typically spawned by the Tank in the Left 4 Dead Series. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- env_weaponfire - This entity is used to mimic weapon fire from the guns in L4D. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- filter_health - Can filter based on the health of the activator, and wheter they have adrenaline active or not
- filter_melee_damage - Can filter based on melee damage, and the type (all, slash or club)
- func_buildable_button - A non-functional entity. Added from the EMS update.
- func_button_timed - Button that takes time to use. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- func_block_charge - The Charger will not charge through this brush.
- func_extinguisher - Extinguish "infernos" set from molotovs, gas cans, etc. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- func_instance - An entity for placing an instance of a map file
- func_instance_parms - Controls parameters used in func_instance within an instance
- func_nav_connection_blocker - Blocks nav meshs (on creation) from being connected through it's volume.
- func_playerghostinfected_clip - Blocks ghost infected.
- func_ragdoll_fader - Fade out any ragdolls that touch it. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- func_timescale - Adjust the time scale of the server/client through map logic (slow-mo scene at end of Dead Center finale)
- point_script_use_target - Makes an entity 'usable' by a player. An attached script determines the display text and use time. Added from the EMS update.
- info_ambient_mob_start - Potential starting area for an ambient mob
- info_ambient_mob_end - Potential end area for an ambient mob
- info_ambient_mob - universal ambient mob start/end (use with care)
- info_l4d1_survivor_spawn - spawn one of the original survivors from L4D1 as seen in The Passing campaign.
- info_particle_target - Allows marking areas in the map for particle systems with control points to reference
- info_zombie_border - Zombies will not spawn behind this entity.
- info_item_position - Used to place spawn points for entity groups. Added from the EMS update.
- info_target_instructor_hint - Used by utility VScripts for env_instructor_hint tragets. Added from the EMS update.
- logic_director_query - Controls the anger level of the AI Director
- logic_game_event - allows firing of game events. Appears to part of an achievement system.
- logic_script - Container for scripts
- logic_versus_random - fires random outputs in the first round of a versus map, and then repeats those outputs in the second round of a versus map. Added from The Sacrifice DLC. Added from the EMS update.
- ambient_music - Can override the Music Director, forcing a custom wav file to play in the music mix layer.
- game_scavenge_progress_display - Allows turning the scavenge score display on/off as well as setting the total items required.
- player_weapon_strip - removes specific weapon or active weapon
- point_nav_attribute_region - Holds attributes to be applied to regions of nav areas during generation
- point_script_template - A point_template made for spawning from VScripts. Added from the EMS update.
- prop_mounted_machine_gun - A .50 Cal mounted machine gun. Note: L4D2 previously did not support the prop_minigun, but the authoring tools have been updated to support the L4D1 entity.
- script_nav_blocker - Point based func_nav_blocker made for spawning from VScripts. Added from the EMS update.
- sound_mix_layer - Allows setting the levels of a specific sound mix layer.
- trigger_active_weapon_detect - Fires output when touched by a player that has a specific weapon active
- prop_fuel_barrel - special destructible physics prop that blows up in several stages when shot. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- prop_wall_breakable - A section of wall that's breakable just like doors are.
- scripted_item_drop - An item with basic physics that detects player touch.
- script_trigger_hurt - Point based trigger_hurt made for spawning from VScripts. Added from the EMS update.
- script_trigger_multiple - Point based trigger_multiple made for spawning from VScripts. Added from the EMS update.
- script_trigger_once - Point based trigger_once made for spawning from VScripts. Added from the EMS update.
- script_trigger_push - Point based trigger_push made for spawning from VScripts. Added from the EMS update.
- trigger_escape - indicates if there are Survivors in the volume who can escape the finale. Added from The Sacrifice DLC.
- trigger_hurt_ghost - damages entities (and ghosts) that touch it.
- trigger_upgrade_laser_sight - gives laser sight upgrade to players that touch
- upgrade_spawn - Allows the director to place gun upgrades: laser sights, explosive ammo, and incendiary ammo.
- weapon_adrenaline_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for adrenaline
- weapon_chainsaw_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for chainsaws
- weapon_defibrillator_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for defibrillators
- weapon_grenade_launcher_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for grenade launchers
- weapon_item_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for a random item (first aid kits, pills, adrenaline, bile bombs, defibrillators etc.)
- weapon_melee_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for random melee weapons
- weapon_pistol_magnum_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for magnum pistols
- weapon_rifle_ak47_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for AK-47's
- weapon_rifle_desert_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for combat rifles
- weapon_rifle_m60_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for M60's
- weapon_scavenge_item_spawn - A spawnpoint for a scavenge gas can
- weapon_shotgun_chrome_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for chrome shotguns
- weapon_shotgun_spas_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for combat shotgun
- weapon_smg_silenced_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for silenced submachineguns
- weapon_sniper_military_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for military sniper rifles
- weapon_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for random weapons
- weapon_upgradepack_explosive_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for explosive ammo
- weapon_upgradepack_incendiary_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for incendiary ammo
- weapon_vomitjar_spawn - A possible spawnpoint for bile bombs
- env_fog_controller - Has new entrys/inputs for settings such as Set2DSkyboxFactorLerpTo (Amount of fog to blend into 2d Skybox to lerp to)
- env_tonemap_controller - Can now set TonemapPercentBrightPixels, and other settings.
- func_elevator - Added input to set max speed dynamically
- func_movelinear - Added ResetPosition/TeleportToTarget
- func_nav_blocker - Added toggle to determine if nav flow should be recomputed or not
- func_orator - Now allows setting the max legal followup distance for automatic responses
- func_precipitation - Added Rain Storm, Bugs, and Smoke
- func_rotating - Added SnapToStartPosition
- info_director - Added many outputs to fully customize scavenge games, also includes scripting and journal support. The Sacrifice DLC introduced user defined script event hooks that can be fired from squirrel.
- info_gamemode - Added additional game modes, added OnNavAnalyze output which is fired only when map is loaded with -navanalyse command line option set
- info_map_parameters and info_map_parameters_versus - Controls density of spawns
- Pass the number of items you'd want in this map and this spits out the map density value.
- info_particle_system - Added setting to allow forcing particles to always render infront of everything
- info_survivor_position - Can now be tied to a specific gamemode, and given a specific intro to play
- Worldspawn - Can now choose time of day (evening, midnight, etc..), music post-fix name (for Music soundscripts to reference), as well as starting music type (Mission Start, Check Point)
- beam_spotlight - Added NoFog spawnflag.
- sky_camera - Added additional options for customizating plane clipping offsets, etc
- filter_activator_infected_class - Added the new special infected
- logic_auto - Added 'OnDemoMapSpawn' output
- postprocess_controller - Can now dynamically alter film grain and vignette strength
- point_hurt - Added additional damage type: "FULLGIB"
- point_spotlight - Added option to set Halo size
- point_viewcontrol_multiplayer - Updated with additional inputs, toggles, and most importantly it now supports 'Target Entity' to easily create simple smooth gliding intro animations without relying on custom model animations.
- All props now have a 'Lag Compensation' toggle. (Use sparingly!)
- prop_car_alarm - Added ability to enable/disable
- prop_door_rotating - Added 'glow' option
- prop_physics - Added OnHitByTank output, for creating custom events when a prop is punched by the tank.
- trigger_finale - Added types selection: "Standard" "Gauntlet" "Custom" "Scavenge", and a property to define max points for scavenge mode.
- trigger_hurt - Added additional damage type: "FULLGIB", and the option to have it 'think' every frame instead of every half second. (Expensive!)
- trigger_playermovement - Added a "disable jump" flag
- trigger_push - Added OnStartTouch output, and input SetMaxSpeed to allow setting the push speed dynamically