List Of Material Proxies
Adds two variables.
Multiplies two variables.
Subtracts the second variable from the first.
Divides the first variable by the second.
Copies the value of a variable to another.
Computes the absolute (i.e. unsigned) value of a variable.
Returns the fractional component of a variable.
Keeps a variable within a specified range.
- srcVar1 and resultVar can be the same.
Compares the first value to the second.
- Variable to copy to
resultVarif this condition is met.
Selects the first value over the second if it is anything other than zero.
A sine wave.
- Period between wave peaks, in seconds.
- Values at the top and bottom of the wave
- Used to offset the starting position of the wave
An ever-increasing float value.
- Units per Confirm:second.
The number of seconds the current map has been running on the server for.
A value that changes at a faster and faster rate.
- The exponent with which to calculate
- Offset for exponent
- Upper and lower value clamps
- scale * exp( srcVar1 + offset ) Tip: exp(5) = 148.413159
A noisy signal where each value is equally likely to occur.
A noisy signal where values are biased towards the average.
- The average value around which the noise will centre
- The distance from the average at which it's only 30% likely to occur.
A rotation matrix from the provided axis and angle.
- Axis of rotation, in the format
[x y z]
- Degrees of rotation around axis.
- To do: Output format
- To do: found in L4D2 decals/playerlogo##.vmt
The distance between the entity the material is applied to and the local player.
Speed of the local player.
The local player's position.
[x y z]
The local player's health (0-1).
The number of seconds since the local player was last damaged.
The material's entity's speed.
A static random number associated with the entity the material is applied to. Helpful for staggering effects that appear on multiple objects.
Increments the current frame of an animated VTF.
- Texture to increment frame for (i.e.
- Frame variable to increment (i.e.
- Framerate in frames per second. Fixed; cannot be changed once set.
Generates a texture transform matrix for use with $basetexturetransform etc.
- Optional input variables for the matrix. Each one can be a float or a 2D vector.
Returns a transform matrix or vector that will translate a texture at a given angle at a given rate.
- Destination for the resulting transformation.
- Rate of scroll in units per second.
- Angle of rotation to move along. (90 = up, 180 = left, etc)
Toggles a texture based on the frame number set by the attached entity. Must be attached to an entity.
- Texture to modify based on frames.
- Variable used for frame number.
- Whether the animation should wrap over not.
Modulates the material's alpha value based on angle between the beam's direction and the viewer's eye point. This is used to make the beams of volumetric light on lights fade as you look at them dead on. Must be attached to entity for angle use.
Modulates the material's alpha value based on angle between the beam's direction and the viewer's eye point. Like the LampBeam proxy, but used for the halo at the beam's base. Must be attached to entity for angle use.
Replaces the $baseTexture with a custom texture. No parameters.
MaterialModify / MaterialModifyAnimated
Used in conjunction with the material_modify_control entity to configure arbitrary parameters from map I/O. Only works when the material is applied to an entity. MaterialModify takes no parameters. MaterialModifyAnimated takes the same parameters as AnimatedTexture.
Coordinates water LOD values between the map's env_waterlod entity and the material's internal values.
- Start distance for cheap water Note: must be set outside of proxy block.
- End distance for cheap water Note: must be set outside of proxy block.
Sets the base texture to a material name held by the entity (used for switching surface material on shatter). Must be attached to a
Returns the scroll parameters for a texture used as a conveyor. Must be attached to
- Name of variable to place result in. Must be a matrix or vector type variable (i.e.
Only used by material "Dev\dev_camo.vmt".
- To do
- To do
- To do
Only used by material "particle\SmokeStack.vmt". Seems to be defined in
particle_proxies.cpp. Valve remark: "FIXME: Is this even needed any more?"
Only used by material decals\rendershadow.vmt. No known parameters.
Only used by material decals\rendermodelshadow.vmt. No known parameters.
Used to comment out proxies. Surround a bunch of proxies with the empty proxy to cause those proxies to not operate.
Team Fortress 2
Related to the $cloakPassEnabled parameter. Typical found in player model materials. No parameters.
Related to the $cloakPassEnabled parameter. Typical found in weapon world model materials. No parameters.
Related to the $cloakPassEnabled parameter. Typical found in weapon view model materials. No parameters.
Same as the former three, planned replacement since February 22, 2013 Patch because none of them are different from each other.
Passes the value '1' when item is flagged as a 'Community Weapon'. Passes '0' otherwise.
Passes a float value to set the opacity of the invulnerability effect when a player has been 'Übered'.
Passes a float value to set the opacity of the fire overlay effect when a player has been burned.
Passes an RGB value when 'Jarate' has been used on a player.
When active passes hard coded color value to create the 'crit' glow effect. Color is either Red or Blue. When inactive value is pure white (255 255 255).
Passes an RGB value when a 'Paint Can' is used. Value is specific to Paint color. Passes '0' when no Paint is used.
Passes a transform matrix to set the amplitude of the Rescue Ranger display.
Changes the animation frame of the texture depending on the current team