From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 02:53, 26 October 2005 by Maven
- light — a simple omni-directional light
- light_environment — light from the sky
- light_spot — a stationary spotlight
- light_dynamic — a combination point light and spotlight that can be moved, turned, and adjusted
- Naming a light makes it more expensive. Only name lights when you need to. Multiple lights sharing the same name cheaper than lights with seperate names.
- light_dynamic is especially expensive, and will not even show up on some systems