L4D Mapping Notes:zh-cn
This page contains a rough collection of notes and incomplete articles related to L4D mapping. Most of the sections here will not likely be completed until after Left 4 Dead's SDK is released.
My Output Target Entity Target Input Parameter Delay Only Once OnTrigger director ForceSurvivourPosition 0.00 No OnTrigger director ReleaseSurvivourPosition 0.01 No
My Output Target Entity Target Input Parameter Delay Only Once OnGameplayStart relay_intro_start Trigger 0.00 No
触发 info_director 导演实体的事件来生成尸潮。
剧情中间的任务目标。剧情事件就像是缩小版的救援关战斗，通常出现在途径中有意思的地方。它的设置与恐慌事件极其相似，除了不能被跳过这一点之外。 An in-game example being the Waterworks part of No Mercy, the survivors must fend off a horde of infected while they wait for the lift to arrive.
My Output Target Entity Target Input Parameter Delay Only Once OnTrigger director PanicEvent 1.00 No
One method for changing levels
trigger_changelevel inside the safe house at the end of the level and have it come in contact with the floor space inside the room. The trigger brush doesn't necessarily have to overlap the floor space, but it does have to at least touch it, or a good portion of where the nav square(s) will be generated. If the
trigger_changelevel doesn't come in contact with the floor space, you will have nav errors when the map is loaded and may have to manually mark the nav squares.
Make sure the
info_landmark is named and that the landmark name is specified inside the
trigger_changelevel settings along with the name of the next map to be loaded. For the
prop_door_rotating_checkpoint, make sure the model is set to
models/props_doors/checkpoint_door_02.mdl and the "Starts Open" option is checked inside the "flags" tab.
You need to have the map already compile and loaded, then open up the console in game and type the following:
The map is reloaded twice during the process, once after
nav_generate and again after
nav_analyze, but the game should stay in edit mode when the map is reloaded.
Keep in mind, while the console commands above will build a basic mesh, it will be far from perfect and thus should only be used for testing purposes. A good nav mesh should be thoroughly examined and edited before releasing a map, which can often be a good deal of work depending on the map's structure. For this reason, its recommended that you save fine tuning the mesh until after you are completely finished with the map's layout. Significant changes in a maps structure may render an older nav mesh useless requiring it to be rebuilt from scratch.
- Relocated to L4D Level Design/Nav Attribute Descriptions
- Fog: Whether or not the area has fog associated with it.
- Incoming/Outgoing: (Probably not L4D Specific) Likely used to select areas with incoming or outgoing path information.
- Max Light / Min Light: (Not L4D Specific) Used to select areas that have certain levels of light. (.25 max / 0 min for a dark place, 1 max / .75 min for a bright place)
- Place: (Probably not L4D Specific) "Place" is the term used in nav creation to name specific areas. This is likely a way to select named/unnamed areas only.
Ending the campaign. In the final chapter of each campaign, the players must defend a position from an onslaught of Infected until a rescue vehicle arrives.
Setting up the radio
- Entity: trigger_finale
- Name: FinaleRadio
- World Model: models/props/terror/hamradio.mdl
- Start Disabled: No
- First Use Delay: 2
- Use Delay: 2
- Description: This single entity is responsible for starting the finale sequence after being triggered twice.
- FinaleEscapeStarted - ABOUT: Basically means "when the finale is finished, fire this output". This is usually used to trigger a relay to summon the rescue vehicle.
- Note:The VALVe maps use two seperate "func_buttons" for triggering this entity. This is possibly a last minute workaround on VALVe's part when they found playtesters starting finale sequences "by accident" since the trigger_finale can recieve "use" input itself when it's world model is set.
Adding the rescue vehicle
- Entity: logic_relay
- Name: EscapeRelay
- Description: Triggered once the finale sequence has been completed. Starts the escape vehicles animations and moves it to the RESCUE_VEHICLE nav squares. When the vehicle is in place, the func_brush entities used to reach the RESCUE_VEHICLE nav areas are enabled.
- FinaleEscapeVehicleReadyForSurvivors - This "unlocks" the "RESCUE_VEHICLE" nav squares, upon which the survivor bots will rush towards them. Its a good idea to delay this to give the rescue vehicle enough time to get in position.
- Note:The VALVe maps also have trigger_hurt and trigger_push entities used to clear a path for the rescue vehicle and simulate it running something over.
- Entity: func_door, Name: RescueBrush
- Entity: func_door, Name: RescueBrushDr1
- Starts Open: Yes
- Parent: RescueBrush
- Entity: func_door, Name: RescueBrushDr2
- Starts Open: Yes
- Parent: RescueBrush
- Entity: func_brush, Name: RescueBrushRamp
- Start Disabled: Yes
- Solidity: Toggle
- Entity: trigger_multiple, Name: TriggerEscape
- Description: Set to be enabled after the rescue vehicle animation finishes. When activated, triggers the VehicleLeaveRelay.
- Entity: logic_relay, Name: VehicleLeaveRelay
- Description: Used for controlling the rescue vehicle exit animations and firing the OutroRelay
Rolling the credits
- Entity: logic_relay, Name: OutroRelay
- Description: Ends the map and starts up the credits screen.
- FinaleEscapeForceSurvivorPositions - This enables the "info_survivor_position" entities to remove players from the battelfield.
- Entity: env_fade Name: FadeOutro
- Entity: env_outtro_stats Name: OutroStats
- Entity: info_game_event_proxy Name: InstructorFinale
- Entity: info_survivor_position Name: survivor_pos1
- Entity: info_survivor_position Name: survivor_pos2
- Entity: info_survivor_position Name: survivor_pos3
- Entity: info_survivor_position Name: survivor_pos4
- Entity: point_viewcontrol_multiplayer Name: EndCamera
- Type: prop_door_rotating
- Frame Dimensions: width: 56, height: 104
- World Model: models/props_doors/doormainmetal01.mdl
- For a basic tutorial on creating and setting up doors in Left 4 Dead, see:
Doors in Left4Dead (l4dmaps.net)