Grab your rifle, join your team mates, and join the fight to close with and destroy the enemy... Take to the modern battlefield and engage in intense firefights and battles as a member of either a highly organized and equipped conventional force, or as an unconventional fighter that uses a combination of firepower and bravery to take on their sometimes overwhelming opponent.
INS will simulate the challenges of infantry combat on the modern battlefield at the individual and tactical levels. Advance through the chain of command as you gain online combat experience that opens opportunities to command a fireteam, squad/section, or even your entire platoon. It will take strategic skill and teamwork to overcome the challenging online opponents during battles set in real and fictional locations around the globe.
Specially designed teams will help to make INS a fun and unique gaming experience to both tactical and casual gamers. If your play style is geared more towards using real tactics, teamwork, communication, and personal skill, then the Conventional teams will likely be your favourite. But if you just want to get into the action and have some fun... grab your AK or RPG and let loose as a Guerilla or Paramilitary fighter. INS aims to please both of these groups - tactical and casual fans, and is a perfect match for organized players (clans).
- Modern infantry combat on Valve's Source engine
- Free total conversion, any Valve game that includes Source SDK (Half-Life 2, HL2: Episode One, etc.)  and Steam required
- Chain of Command commanders control their squad/cell with ease
- Morale system to set high value on teamplay
- Customizable gameplay "Insurgency map configuration" system
- Unique reinforcement wave system
- Depth of realism, iron sights, free aim, ricochet, bullet penetration, weapon weights, and more
- No bullshit HUD; only see what's important, when it's important
- Vector based HUD textures, allowing the highest quality HUD at any resolution. No kill messages, except for deaths of teammates
- Weapon caches used for rearming on the battlefield, destroyable by the other team
- Global stats and simple forum registration keeps track of your player statistics forever
- Network a comprehensive "ins.network" will cover all your insurgency needs
The respawn system is a pool system, when one person dies they are placed in a pool. That pool will build up with other players that have died for a set amount of time. When the timer reaches zero, all the players that are currently waiting will respawn, and the process repeats.
Squad commanders will also be able to call for reinforcements, which forces their squad to spawn in the next 5 seconds. When the players in his squad spawn, they are shown where the location of the "reinforcement calling" was from so that they can link up with their squad easily.
The morale system is set up to be a form of scoring. When a player works as part of the team, as by capturing objectives or staying with their squad, the player's morale grows. The higher the player's morale, the higher that player's rank is. Rank determines which order you get to pick your class in in the following rounds.
The current feature being worked on, that will most likely be the one in release, includes 2 potential squads for each team (8 players in a squad). Squad leaders can call for reinforcements, issue waypoints, assign objectives etc.
Squad leaders will be able to call for reinforcements, which forces their squad to spawn in the next 5 seconds. When the players in his squad spawn, they are shown where the location of the reinforcement calling was from so that they can link up with their squad easily. Even though squad leaders can call for reinforcements, there is still a reinforcement wave time. If a squad leader does not call reinforcements, the players will spawn when the next reinforcement wave occurs. Reinforcement waves will have a slightly longer wait time than a normal reinforcements-based game.
A platoon commander (Commander who can control both squads) has been removed due to over-complexity. Although the current system is working well, should the opportunity arise, there is a chance for a return of the platoon commander position later in development.
US Marine Corps
|M4 RIS Carbine ||M14 DMR ||M9 Beretta ||C4 PE|
|M16A4 ||M1014 Shotgun ||M67 Frag||Ka-Bar Combat Knife |
|M249 SAW ||M203 ||M18 Smoke||Binoculars|
|AKS-74U Carbine||Lee Enfield L42A1 ||Makarov ||IED||SKS |
|AK-47 ||TOZ Shotgun ||RGD-5 Frag||Bayonet ||FN L1A1 |
|RPK LMG ||RPG-7 ||M18 Smoke||Binoculars|