From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 17:19, 14 June 2018 by Pinsplash (fixed TODOs and a few nitpicks)
info_node_link_controlleris a point entity available in all Source games. It controls all connections between navigation nodes that intersect a certain volume. This allows for mass enabling/disabling of node connections.
- Coordinates relative to the entity defining one point of the volume. A box will appear in hammer to help visualize the dimensions of the volume.
- Coordinates relative to the entity defining the second point of the volume. A box will appear in hammer to help visualize the dimensions of the volume.
- Initial State
- State of the node links the moment the map loads. If there is something blocking the NPC's path while this is on, the NPC may appear to walk straight into that object/hole.
- 0 : Off
- 1 : On
- Use Larger Radius (for air links)
- Set this to 'Yes' if this controller is intended to control air links. Air links connect using a larger search radius so leaving this at 'No' might miss some air links.
- Allow Pass When Off
- Entity or class to allow passage even when node is off.
- Invert exclusion rules
- Makes target(s) defined in Allow Pass When Off the only targets NOT allowed to pass when off.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Turn links on.
- Turn links off.
- Change Allow Pass When Off.
- Change Invert exclusion rules.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.