From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 17:19, 14 June 2018 by Pinsplash (fixed TODOs and a few nitpicks)
point entity available in all Source games. It controls all connections between navigation nodes that intersect a certain volume. This allows for mass enabling/disabling of node connections.
- Coordinates relative to the entity defining one point of the volume. A box will appear in hammer to help visualize the dimensions of the volume.
- Coordinates relative to the entity defining the second point of the volume. A box will appear in hammer to help visualize the dimensions of the volume.
- Initial State
- State of the node links the moment the map loads. If there is something blocking the NPC's path while this is on, the NPC may appear to walk straight into that object/hole.
- 0 : Off
- 1 : On
- Use Larger Radius (for air links)
- Set this to 'Yes' if this controller is intended to control air links. Air links connect using a larger search radius so leaving this at 'No' might miss some air links.
- Allow Pass When Off
- Entity or class to allow passage even when node is off.
- Invert exclusion rules
- Makes target(s) defined in Allow Pass When Off the only targets NOT allowed to pass when off.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Turn links on.
- Turn links off.
- Change Allow Pass When Off.
- Change Invert exclusion rules.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.