Health, or health points (HP), represents a character's physical status in a video game. Most Source engine games use a traditional health points system, where a character is spawned with a certain number of health points which are displayed in the HUD. Taking damage will subtract from the character's health, and the character will die when HP reaches 0. Most games offer powerups and items to restore health.
Some games, such as Portal, use an alternative "regenerating health" scheme, where the player's health quickly regenerates when the player is not taking damage. The health may also not be displayed onscreen.
Following is a list of health-related articles:
Half-Life 2 series
- [func_healthcharger]] - brush entity-based health charging station
- item_healthcharger - a prop-based health charging station
- item_healthkit - a power-up to restore health
- item_healthvial - a power-up to restore health
- item_healthkit_full - a power-up to restore health
- obj_dispenser - health and ammo dispenser
- asw_pickup_medkit - spawn a personal healthkit in Alien Swarm
- prop_health_cabinet - cabinet in Left 4 Dead containing medkits/pain pills.