Half-Life 2: Episode One Bugs
From Valve Developer Community
- In ep1_background01. (Matveims 12:46, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface. Support for this will go away soon. - Material : maps/ep1_background01/concrete/blendconcreterock001a_-8608_6016_35 - Surface center : -8989 6072 -16 Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface (material: maps/ep1_background01/concrete/blendconcreterock001a_-8608_6016_35). Support for this will go away soon.
- In ep1_background01a. (Matveims 16:33, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
Empty ambient_generic (ambient_generic) at 2255.00, 1107.60, 195.60
- Happens all the time: (Matveims 12:47, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
CGameServer::BroadcastSound: Recipient Filter for sound (reliable: no, init: no) with bogus client index (1) in list of 1 clients
- A BIT LATER THAN AFTER THE OPENING CUTSCENE: When encountering the thing with the mind shocks ("pod"), after seeing the recording. (Matveims 12:58, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
Entity func_brush(brush_podclamp_1b) has bad parent move_podrail_2b
- WHEN GETTING THE GRAVITY GUN UPGRADE: (Matveims 13:14, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
CSceneEntity lcs_al_citadel_01_gravcharge_02 unable to find actor named "global_newgame_spawner_physcannon"
- IN THE NEXT HALL AFTER GETTING AN UPGRADED GRAVITY GUN: When falling into the void: (Matveims 13:14, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
AddMultiDamage: g_MultiDamage.GetDamageForce() == vec3_origin Changing collision rules within a callback is likely to cause crashes!
- IN THE ELEVATOR WITH FALLING DEBRIS: (Matveims 15:38, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
CSceneEntity alyx_elevator_stopped_vcd_2 unable to find actor named "Alyx"
- DURING THE TRANSMISSION FROM Dr. Mossman: (Matveims 16:16, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
Mossman2: unknown scripted sequence "idle1" Failed to load sound "npc\ministrider\ministrider_alert4.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository Failed to load sound "npc\ministrider\ministrider_alert1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
- WHEN REPROGRAMMING ROLLERS NEAR THE TRAIN: (Matveims 16:17, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
Dynamic prop door_rollertraining: no sequence named:idle_close
- BEFORE & DURING RIDING THE ELEVATOR UP: (Matveims 19:35, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
FuncTrackTrain 'elevator_garage' has no target. Can't find a nearby track !!!
- IMMEDIATELY AFTER ENTERING THE HOSPITAL (not long after meeting Barney): (Matveims 21:41, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT))
Precache of sprites/light_glow02_add_noz ambigious (no extension specified)
- WHEN COMING BACK FOR THE SECOND CITIZEN SQUAD, in front of the train station: (Matveims 16:52, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT))
ERROR: Squad 'squad_combine' has enemies in it! manhack_parkinglot doesn't like scanner_bomber_1 ERROR: Squad 'squad_combine' has enemies in it! manhack_parkinglot doesn't like scanner_bomber_2
- SOON AFTER THE TRAIN CRASH: turrets light up red, but never shoot anything in the zombie-infested parking lot. —Matveims 16:22, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- Not a bug. They've been there so long they've run out of bullets, weren't you paying attention? --Alph Tech STUART 16:02, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- WHEN HOTWIRING ROLLERMINES FOR THE FIRST TIME.
- The 2 commentary speech bubbles in this portion of the game are not subtitled or closed captioned for me. Can anybody else confirm this? These are the only bubbles that have this problem. --Steamfraiser 07:58, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- (It crapped RIGHT after displaying the chapter title): The chapter names should be in all caps if memory serves. --Alph Tech STUART 12:07, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- Suit power doesn't disappear when you die from falling. --Alph Tech STUART 15:46, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT)
Miscellaneous Minor Bugs
- When using Steam's "Create Desktop Shortcut" command, the shortcut has a black "Steam" icon, instead of the Half-Life 2 icon. —Matveims 13:14, 1 Jun 2006 (PDT)
Episode 2 Trailer
- The episode 2 trailer sometimes causes a crash. 3 out of 5 times tested, it crashed source.
--Steamfraiser 07:52, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- Here it doesn't crash but for some reason it closes HL2EP1 (I see Windows again) and then the game is restarted and the trailer is shown? --dutchmega 09:03, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- I'm getting a restart to a completely black HL2 screen. Nothing happens. --Alph Tech STUART 16:21, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT)
- Mine actually physically crashes, I get a "HL2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" then nothing opens back up. It's okay though, because the trailer was extracted to my PC and I watched it there :D --Steamfraiser 14:03, 2 Jun 2006 (PDT)