Holo Hacking Puzzle
This tutorial will teach you how make the Holo Hacking Puzzles.
- Create a test room. Insert a info_hlvr_holo_hacking_plug entity at the position you want the player to use the multitool.
- Define the type of puzzle you want the player to do under PuzzleType. The four puzzles that have difficulties are listed below.
- Insert a info_hlvr_holo_hacking_spawn_target and ensure the player can access the entirety of its radius. (not required for the PointDrag puzzle type.)
- Set the name of the info_hlvr_holo_hacking_spawn_target, for this tutorial, to puzzle_target.
- Set the info_hlvr_holo_hacking_plug Puzzle Spawn Target to puzzle_target. Set the Difficulty Name to First, Easy, Medium, Hard, or VeryHard.
- (optionally) define the OnHackSuccess output to activate another entity, or re-enable the hacking plug after a set amount of time.
|Sphere Trace||Point Search||Point Match||Rod Pull||Point Drag|
Add an output to info_hlvr_holo_hacking_plug with any of the following My Output:
Compile and run your map, and you should have a working Holo Hacking Puzzle.
You can download the example map here [].