From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 02:13, 2 February 2008 by Mark WiseCarver
This is a list of external modding related sites that do not quite fit into any specific category.
- VERC - Valve Editing Resource Collective. This site's predecessor, which offers primarily HL1 resources (Official)
- Official Source SDK Forums and the now-defunct VERC Network Forums
- Game Design Theory - Interesting for art directors, team leaders
- Gamedesign.net - Some helpful modding and mapping tutorials.
- GamesModding.com Tutorial Database - A list of almost every Half-Life 2 modding tutorial out there.
- HL2World.com - Half Life 2 Knowledge Base
- Interlopers.net - News and general resources
- Mapcore - A great place to get mapping, modeling and texture help from industry pros.
- Mod Database - Free listings of mods for almost every moddable game. A great database full of tons of information on mods that are out there.
- Modhelp.net - A developing modding community.
- Mod HQ - Comprehensive news resource for Half-Life 2 modifications and Steam related content in general. Valve visits it. Why not you?
- Nem's Tools - Several useful Source tools including GCFScape
- PixelGames - File reviews and downloads, real friendly editing site based on community!
- Sourceblog - General tutorials (Many on Texturing/Skinning)
- Source Engine Developer Forums
- SourceWiki Forums - (Main site now closed)
- Wavelength - One of the original sources of HL1 editing material, now steadily servicing HL2
- Wunderboy.org - Several useful Source tools including VTFTool
- Undead Halfers (RUS) - Mapping, modeling, coding and useful sources.