Difference between revisions of "Func train"
From Valve Developer Community
m (Robot: fixing template case.)
m (Robot: fixing template case.)
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 02:58, 20 January 2009
@SolidClass base(Targetname, Origin, RenderFields) = func_train [ spawnflags(flags) = [ 8 : "Non-solid" : 0 ] texframeindex(integer) : "Initial Brush Frame Index" : : "Use this to set the initial frame of materials with multiple frames in the brush" target(target_destination) : "First path_corner" noise1(sound) : "Movement Sound" : : "The sound to play when the train moves." noise2(sound) : "Stop Sound" : : "The sound to play when the train stops moving." speed(float) : "Speed" : "50.000000" : "Speed at which the brush moves." volume(float) : "Sound volume [0.0, 10.0]" : "0.000000" dmg(float) : "Crush Damage" : "0.000000" input Toggle(void) : "Toggle movement" input Start(void) : "Start movement" input Stop(void) : "Stop movement" input Use(void) : "Toggle movement - has a different functionality than Toggle" ]
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Render Mode
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B)
- Color tint.
- Disable Receiving Shadows
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Render FX
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- <integer> Use this to set the initial frame of materials with multiple frames in the brush
- <target_destination> First path_corner
- <sound> The sound to play when the train moves.
- <sound> The sound to play when the train stops moving.
- <float> Speed at which the brush moves.
- <float> Sound volume 0.0 to 10.0
- <float> Crush Damage
- 8 : Non-solid
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Sets the entity's transparency to a number from 0 (invisible) to 255 (fully visible). Requires the entity to have its Render Mode (rendermode) set to a number other than
- Sets an RGB color for the entity.
- Toggle movement
- Start movement
- Stop movement
- Toggle movement - has a different functionality than Toggle