A brush entity that works as a rotating/moving platform that will carry a train to a new track. It must be larger in X-Y planar area than the train, since it must contain the train within these dimensions in order to operate when the train is near it.
See also func_trackchange.
- Travel Altitude
- The vertical height above the track that the train moves. Negative values moves the train below.
- Spin amount
- The amount this platform should rotate as it moves, in degrees.
- Train to Switch
- Top Track
- Bottom Track
- Move/Rotate Speed
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Render Mode
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B)
- Color tint.
- Disable Receiving Shadows
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Render FX
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Move Sound
- The sound played whenever the platform starts moving.
- 0: No Sound
- 1: big elev 1
- 2: big elev 2
- 3: tech elev 1
- 4: tech elev 2
- 5: tech elev 3
- 6: freight elev 1
- 7: freight elev 2
- 8: heavy elev
- 9: rack elev
- 10: rail elev
- 11: squeek elev
- 12: odd elev 1
- 13: odd elev 2
- Stop Sound
- The sound played when the platform stops moving.
- 0: No Sound
- 1: big elev stop1
- 2: big elev stop2
- 3: freight elev stop
- 4: heavy elev stop
- 5: rack stop
- 6: rail stop
- 7: squeek stop
- 8: quick stop
- Sound Volume 0.0 - 1.0
- Sound volume
- <string> The minimum level of ambient light that hits this brush.
- 1 : Auto Activate train
- 2 : Relink track
- 8 : Start at Bottom
- 16 : Rotate Only
- 64 : X Axis
- 128 : Y Axis
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Sets the entity's transparency to a number from 0 (invisible) to 255 (fully visible). Requires the entity to have its Render Mode (rendermode) set to a number other than
- Sets an RGB color for the entity.
- Trigger the track change.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.