From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 00:14, 22 February 2009 by BitMage (Created Page)
Note:The current description of this entity is based on unofficial data based on data mining. Anything that may be read here is largely incomplete or, in some cases, incorrect.
The Left 4 Dead version of a TalkNPC, but more of a talk-prop. It delivers lines during the game. Its most common use is the radio the survivors use to contact their rescue.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
<float>(Only in Source 2013)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections (drawinfastreflection)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- Start Fade Dist (fademindist)
- Distance at which the prop starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist (fademaxdist)
- Max fade distance at which the prop is visible.
- If start fade is <0, the prop will disappear instantly when end fade is hit.
- If end fade is <0, the prop won't disappear at all. (This is the default behaviour.)
- The values will scale appropriately if the prop is in a 3D Skybox.
- Fade Scale (fadescale)
- If you specify so in worldspawn, or if the engine is running below DirectX 8 (DX7 in Ep1), props will fade out even if the fade distances above aren't specified. This value gives you some control over when this happens: numbers smaller than 1 cause the prop to fade out at further distances, and greater than 1 cause it to fade out at closer distances. Using 0 turns off the forced fade altogether. See also the QC command $noforcedfade.
- <boolean> Disable Recieving Shadows
- <integer> The index of the body (reference) to use of the set model
- Render FX (renderfx)
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- <choices> Used to set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity. See also 'FX Amount' and 'FX Color'.
Literal Value Render Mode Description (Click for more info.) 0 Normal Default rendering. 1 Color Obsolete. 2 Texture Plain opacity. 3 Glow No Z buffer checks. Fixed size on screen. 4 Solid / Alphatest Obsolete. (Use alphatest capabilities in materials instead.) 5 Additive Obsolete. Add this entity's color to what's behind it. 7 Additive Fractional Frame Obsolete? Blend between animation frames. 8 Alpha Add (Not in FGD.) Add alpha. 9 World Space Glow No Z buffer checks. Fixed size in world (as opposed to on screen). 10 Dont Render / None Don't render.
- <integer> FX Amount (0 - 255) - How opaque the entity will be rendered. (
0is fully transparent, while
255is fully opaque). Will not work if the rendermode keyvalue is set to Normal or Dont Render.
- <color255> FX Color - What color the entity will be rendered in (to the degree of the opacity set with renderamt).
- 1 : Not solid
- SpeakResponseConcept <string> (New with Half-Life 2: Episode One / Source 2006)
- Speak the specified response concept.