func_instance is a point entity available in Left 4 Dead 2. It is an entity for placing an instance of a map file. You may translate and rotate this entity. You can use the replace keys to do parameter changes on the instance contents. In a $ at the beginning of a variable name. Then just use the $variable name inside of the instance contents on any value portion of a key/value pair.
This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Fix Up Name
- The name that all entities will be fixed up with based upon the fix up style.
- VMF Filename
- This indicates a map file relative to the map's file name.
- Entity Name Fix Up
- Fixup style for instanced entity names. Uses the 'Fix Up Name' field.
- This is a replacement parameter. It goes in the form of $variable value. All entities inside of that instance that have $variable somewhere will be replaced with the value contents. Example: $color 255 0 0