From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 23:06, 17 August 2005 by Ts2do
A brush entity that's designed to be used for a player-useable button. When used by the player, it moves to a pressed position.
- <angle> Specifies the direction of motion to move when the button is used.
- <integer> The speed that the button moves, in inches per second.
- <integer> Legacy method of specifying whether or not the button can be shot to activate it. Use the 'Damage Activates' spawnflag instead.
- <integer> The amount, in inches, of the button to leave sticking out of the wall it recedes into when pressed. Negative values make the button recede even further into the wall. Use a negative value to make it go further.
Literal Value Description 0 None (Silent) 1 Big zap & Warmup 2 Access Denied 3 Access Granted 4 Quick Combolock 5 Power Deadbolt 1 6 Power Deadbolt 2 7 Plunger 8 Small zap 9 Keycard Sound 10 Buzz 11 Buzz Off 12 latch locked 13 Latch Unlocked 14 Lightswitch 15 small bleek 16 small deny 17 small doop 18 small tech deny 19 click and combine screen fuzz 20 roomy beep 21 lever or wheel: turn + move sqeek 22 lever or wheel: latch + release gas 23 lever or wheel: ratchet + sqeek 24 lever or wheel: large ratchet 25 lever or wheel: clanky + gas release 26 lever or wheel: latch + large metal thud 27 lever or wheel: smaller ratchet 28 lever or wheel: smaller lever move 31 shock buzz 32 clickbeep 33 tech blip 34 clickbeepbeep open 35 small high blip 36 small tech fuzz blip 37 small click bleep (change to lightswitch) 40 combine door lock - locked 41 combine blip growl 42 combine squick growl 43 combine whine purr 44 combine click talk 45 combine click growl fizz 46 combine click fizz (deny) 47 combine click talker
- <integer> Amount of time, in seconds, after the button has been pressed before it returns to the starting position. Once it has returned, it can be used again. If the value is set to -1, the button never returns.
- <choices> Sound played when the player tries to use the button, and fails because it's locked.
Literal Value Description 0 None 2 Access Denied 8 Small zap 10 Buzz 11 Buzz Off 12 Latch Locked
- <choices> Sound played when the button is unlocked.
Literal Value Description 0 None 1 Big zap & Warmup 3 Access Granted 4 Quick Combolock 5 Power Deadbolt 1 6 Power Deadbolt 2 7 Plunger 8 Small zap 9 Keycard Sound 10 Buzz 13 Latch Unlocked 14 Lightswitch
- <choices> A sentence played when the player tries to use the button, and fails because it's locked.
Literal Value Description 0 None 1 Gen. Access Denied 2 Security Lockout 3 Blast Door 4 Fire Door 5 Chemical Door 6 Radiation Door 7 Gen. Containment 8 Maintenance Door 9 Broken Shut Door
- <choices> A sentence played when the button is unlocked.
Literal Value Description 0 None 1 Gen. Access Granted 2 Security Disengaged 3 Blast Door 4 Fire Door 5 Chemical Door 6 Radiation Door 7 Gen. Containment 8 Maintenance area
- <float> The minimum level of ambient light that hits this brush.
- 1 : Don't move
- 32 : Toggle
- 256 : Touch Activates
- 512 : Damage Activates
- 1024 : Use Activates
- 2048 : Starts locked
- 4096 : Sparks
- Lock the button, preventing it from functioning.
- Unlock the button, allowing it to function.
- Activate the button as if it was pressed.
- Activate the button as if it was pressed, sending it to the bottom position.
- Unpress the button, sending it to the top position.
- Fired when the button is damaged.
- Fired when the button is pressed.
- Fired when the button is used while locked.
- Fired when the button reaches the in/pressed position.
- Fired when the button reaches the out/released position.