Fixing CSGO particle editor
This page will go over how to make Particle Editor functionable.
Bug: Custom materials will sometime fail to load, cause unknown; restarting does not remedy the issue.
Warning: Unstable, may crash. Save often!
- This page does not go over how to make custom particles appear in game.
- This page only shows to fix the Particle Editor tool itself.
- To make particles appear in game you need to install Source Mod together with Meta Mod and use a plugin to precache the particles.
- CS:GO Particle Editor is a direct port of the Source Filmmaker Particle Editor.
- This version has a check while loading the file. If the PCF file doesn't have
/game/folder in its full path then it will error out, resulting not being able to open any file.
- It is also missing few translation files so most of the UI is using raw translation keywords.
- Download this .rar (Patched .dll by xen#2982) which contains a patched pet_fix.dll so the whole game folder check is skipped, it also contains the necessary resource files for the Particle Editor.
- Simply drop both folders in your
Counter-Strike Global Offensivefolder and it will put the files in correct place.
How to open the Particle Editor
-insecure -tools -nop4to your game launch options.
- If Particle Editor is not already open, either use the drop down Tools menu to switch from vmt Editor to Particle Editor or type
toolload pet_fixin console.