Faceposer is the SDK tool used to produce choreographed sequences for the Source engine. It creates facial expressions (including lip-syncing) and manages skeletal animations, the position of actors in the world, and any map triggers that need to be fired during the scene.
- See Choreography creation for a step-by step guide to creating choreography in the Source engine.
- See Faceposer reference for a quick-reference guide to the different parts of the Faceposer interface.
- Incorrect model image probably made in Photoshop as with HLMV or with incorrect size will make "Load model" menu freeze and white and you will need to stop poser process.
- In hlfaposer for SDK 2006 play/pause/stop probably won't display correctly and you will see blank white box'es instead of icons, press on them to play.
- If for unknown reasons model not loaded and just nothing happens in faceposer, go to regedit, search
HKEY_USERS\..\Software\Valve\faceposer, delete it, also you can clean
hlfaceposer.rfin your sdk bin folder to be sure.
- To make faceposer Phoneme Editor extraction work (if you are not on Win XP) there are planty things you need to do. Let's work with source 2007 as the most stable revision. For some reasons there are lot's of info how to make it work with
Microsoft Speech 5.1, but it's incorrect approach. (it doesn't work properly anyway and it's quality is far from ideal). Go to here. Take
lipsinc_data/from anywhere, even Hl2Beta, copy it to
Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\binto
..\SourceSDK\bin\source2007\bin\, you can edit
GameConfig.txtto add your mod here and launch faceposer through steam or just add .bat file with "-game" to your mod (to make it work you will need many things! like to unpack proper shaders from
Source SDK Base 2007\vpks(otherwise lips won't move) and other stuff, also don't forget this, write the correct
gameinfo.txtfor old source engine games. Change
Lipsinc Speech APIin faceposer, it should work now.