Faceposer playing back a complex scene with multiple actors.
Faceposer is the SDK tool used to produce choreographed sequences for the Source engine. It creates facial expressions (including lip-syncing) and manages skeletal animations, the position of actors in the world, and any map triggers that need to be fired during the scene.
- See Choreography creation for a step-by step guide to creating choreography in the Source engine.
- See Faceposer reference for a quick-reference guide to the different parts of the Faceposer interface.
Note:In order to open Faceposer in SDK 2013, use the Faceposer.bat file in located in the bin folder. Using the shortcut .exe will give you an error asking for Vconfig!
Note:To use Faceposer with your own 2013-based mod, set the VPROJECT path to the game directory of your mod.
- Incorrect model image probably made in Photoshop as with HLMV or with incorrect size will make "Load model" menu freeze and white and you will need to stop poser process.
- In hlfaposer for SDK 2006 play/pause/stop probably won't display correctly and you will see blank white box'es instead of icons, press on them to play.
- If for unknown reasons model not loaded and just nothing happens in faceposer, go to regedit, search
HKEY_USERS\..\Software\Valve\faceposer, delete it, also you can clean
hlfaceposer.rf in your sdk bin folder to be sure.