Environmental Lighting, Sun, Weather, & Outdoors
|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts - Help us develop the articles or ideas you want|
Ammunition | Animals & Creatures | Antlions | Beams & Lasers | Cables & Ropes | Clouds & Sky | Color Theory | Combat | Combine | Doors | Dust, Fog & Smoke | Elevators | Level Transitions | Environmental Lighting & Weather | Explosions | Fire | Foliage | Glass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lighting | Optimization | Physics | Retinal scanners | Sound & Music | Special effects | Terrain | Trains | Turrets | Water | Weapons | Zombie
Topics directly relevant to making outdoor areas. (For general mapping help, see Category:Level Design.)
- Skybox (2D) — basic skies
- 3D skybox — adding items (such as buildings) to the skybox
- Displacements — terrain (such as hills, cliffs, caves, and non-flat grass)
- light_environment — light coming from the sky (eg, the sun or moon) as well as ambient light
- env_sun — makes a sun more realistic by making it 'glare'
- func_precipitation — for rain or snow
- For nature props check the
props_foliagefolder in Hammer Model Browser.
- Search for
naturein the Hammer Material Browser.
- For smooth transitions between two types of material, such as grass to sand, use alpha blending with