env_smokestack is a point entity available in all Source games. It spits out a constant stream of smoke. You can place up to two env_particlelight entities near the smoke stack to add ambient light to its particles.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Initial State
- Initial state of the entity.
- 0 : Off
- 1 : On
- Spread at the base
- Amount of random spread in the origins of the smoke particles when they're spawned.
- Spread Speed
- Amount of random spread in the velocity of the smoke particles after they're spawned.
- The speed at which the smoke particles move after they're spawned.
- Particle start size
- Size of the smoke particles when they're first emitted.
- Particle end size
- Size of the smoke particles at the point they fade out completely.
- Emission rate
- Rate at which to emit smoke particles (i.e. particles to emit per second).
- Length of smoke trail
- Length of the smokestack. Lifetime of the smoke particles is derived from this & particle speed.
- Wind X/Y Angle
- This specifies the wind direction. It is an angle in the XY plane. Wind
Speedspecifies the strength of the wind.
- Wind Speed
- The strength of the wind.
- Particle material
- Material of the smoke particles emitted by this stack.
- The amount, in degrees per second, that the smoke particles twist around the origin.
- Roll Speed
- Amount of roll in degrees per second.
- Base Color (R G B)
- The color of the particles.
- How much you can see through the particles.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Turn on the smokestack.
- Turn off the smokestack.
- Toggles the smokestack between on and off state.
- Set the length of the smoke trail.
- Set the rate at which to emit smoke particles (particles per second).
- Set the speed at which the smoke particles move after they're spawned.
- Set the amount of random spread in the velocity of the smoke particles after they're spawned.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.