env_gunfire is a point entity available in all Source games. It creates a gunfire effect which can be dynamically controlled and pointed at a target, to give the illusion of a weapon firing without an actual weapon entity being used. This is only a visual/sound effect. No damage is done.
- Target (target)
- Shoot at this target.
- Min Burst Size (minburstsize)
- Minimum number of rounds in a burst.
- Max Burst Size (maxburstsize)
- Maximum number of rounds in a burst.
- Min Delay Between Bursts (minburstdelay)
- Minimum delay between bursts in seconds.
- Max Delay Between Bursts (maxburstdelay)
- Maximum delay between bursts in seconds.
- Rate of fire (rateoffire)
- Number of bullets to fire per second.
- Bullet spread (spread)
- Bullets may deviate this far away in degrees from shooting straight forward. Any number may be used.
- Bullet distribution should be... (bias)
- How to distribute bullets within the spread. Even distribution is a true scatter throughout the spread. Biased towards the outside makes the shots 'miss' the target by tending towards the outside of the spread.
- 1: Evenly distributed
- -1: Biased towards the outside
- Collision detection (collisions)
- Whether/how to handle bullet collision detection. If you select None, this entity will be very cheap to use, but all bullets will stop short at their target's position in space and there will be no impact effects. Normal collision detection does the same things NPCs do when they fire their guns (except harm anything).
- 0: None. Cheap performance.
- 1: Normal collision detection.
- Shoot Sound (shootsound)
- Gunfire sound to make. Any sound name can be inserted, either as a filepath or a soundscript name.
Literal Value Description Weapon_AR2.NPC_Single AR2 Weapon_SMG1.NPC_Single SMG1
- Tracer (tracertype)
- Type of tracer to display. If not set, the default tracer will fire. To do: Full list of all valid tracers.
Literal value Description AR2TRACER AR2
- Weapon (weaponname)
- Sets all the effect settings to the ones for one gun. Confirm:Do Shoot Sound, Collision detection, and Tracer still work in CSGO?
Literal Value Description weapon_deagle Deagle weapon_elite Elites weapon_fiveseven FiveSeven weapon_glock Glock weapon_p228 p228 weapon_usp USP weapon_ak47 AK47 weapon_aug Aug weapon_awp AWP weapon_famas Famas weapon_g3sg1 g3sg1 weapon_galil Galil weapon_m249 M249 weapon_m4a1 m4a4 weapon_mac10 Mac10 weapon_p90 P90 weapon_ump45 Ump45 weapon_xm1014 XM1014 weapon_bizon Bizon weapon_mag7 Mag7 weapon_negev Negev weapon_sawedoff Sawedoff weapon_tec9 Tec9 weapon_mp7 Mp7 weapon_mp9 Mp9 weapon_nova Nova weapon_p250 p250 weapon_scar20 Scar20 weapon_sg556 sg556 weapon_ssg08 ssg08 weapon_usp_silencer USP weapon_m4a1_silencer M4A1 Silencer
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- The classname defines the type of entity. Classnames can be changed using
AddOutput, which will influence how the engine deals with the entity in certain circumstances.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma. Every entity can be parented, even point entities. Entities which are parented will be forced to transition to the next map, such as from a
trigger_transition. Some entities which aren't intended to be parented may not function correctly.
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround to parenting.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note: This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Toggles features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Response Contexts
- Pre-defined response system contexts for this entity. Format is
key:value,key:value,.... Contexts may be filtered.
- Combination of effect flags to use.
- Local Time
- The local time of the entity, independent of the global clock. Used mainly for physics calculations.
- Next Think
- Amount of time before the entity thinks again.
- Hammer ID
- The entity's Hammer ID. Mainly used by plugins and debugging commands, such as
ent_keyvalue. Can be manually assigned with the "hammerid" or "id" keyvalue. Entities spawned at run-time are not assigned any Hammer ID.
- Disable for Xbox 360
- If Yes, disables this entity on the Xbox 360 version of Source.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Lag Compensation
- Set to Yes to lag compensate this entity. Should be used very sparingly!
- Is Automatic-Aim Target
- If set to 1, this entity will slow down aiming movement for consoles and joystick controllers when the entity is under the crosshairs.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin. Removed and replaced entirely by the particle system since .
- Dispatches a response to the entity. See Response and Concept.
- Adds to the entity's list of response contexts. Format is
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.