Half-Life: Alyx , SteamVR Home . The cubemap fog entity is one of several methods of adding fog along with gradient fog and volumetric fog to a level. I can only assume it adds a fog effect to the cubemaps of a map. It is very likely you will use this entity in conjunction with other fog effects to create a nicer looking scene. It is similar in function to Env_fog_controller from Source 1.
To do: Add a link to a tutorial on volumetric fogging when it's ready.
1. Place down the env_cubemap_fog
2. Under the "Cubemap Texture" parameter, change it to whatever .vtex cubemap texture is to your liking
3. Adjust the distance values to your liking
- The world space origin of the entity.
- The pitch, yaw, roll orientation of the entity.
- The x, y, z scales of the entity. Not all entities can use this.
- Transform Locked
- Lock the transform at its current value, preveting the transform of the node from being modified.
- Force Hidden
- Visually hides the entity from the viewports. The Outliner pane will still list hidden entities.
- Editor Only
- Entity is only displayed in Hammer and will not appear in game.
To do: Fill in the Keyvalues that are marked as <unknown>.
- Start Disabled (startDisabled)
- Sets whether the entity is enabled or disabled at map start.
- Cubemap Texture (cubemapfogtexture)
- The texture (.vtex file) to use for the cubemap fog.
- Cubemap LOD (mip) Bias (cubemapfoglodbiase)
- Fog Start Distance (cubemapfogstartdistance)
- The distance from the player at which the fog will start to fade in.
- Fog End Distance (cubemapfogenddistance)
- The distance from the player at which the fog will be at full strength.
- Distance Falloff Exponent (cubemapfogfalloffexponent)
- Height Fog Width (cubemapfogheightwidth)
- Height Fog Start (cubemapfogheightstart)
- The distance from the player at which the height fog will start to fade in.
- Height Fog Exponent (cubemapfogheightexponent)
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input.
- Call a script function.
- Calls a script function from this entity's private script scope.
- Calls a script function in the global script scope.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.