For configuring client-side visual effects.
Usage from Hammer
Effect flags can be configured from Hammer. To do so turn off SmartEdit and add a new keyvalue pair:
n' is the sum total of the flags you want to use. For example, 66 would mean
- 1 -
- Merges bones of names shared with a parent entity to the position and direction of the parent's.
- 2 -
- Emits a dynamic light of RGB(250,250,250) and a random radius of 400 to 431 from the origin.
- 4 -
- Emits a dynamic light of RGB(100,100,100) and a random radius of 200 to 231 from the origin.
- 8 -
- Don't interpolate on the next frame.
- 16 -
- Don't cast a shadow. To do: Does this also apply to shadow maps?
- 32 -
- Entity is completely ignored by the client. Can cause prediction errors if a player proceeds to collide with it on the server.
- 64 -
- Don't receive dynamic shadows.
- 128 -
- For use with
EF_BONEMERGE. If set, the entity will use its parent's origin to calculate whether it is visible; if not set, it will set up parent's bones every frame even if the parent is not in the PVS.
- 256 -
- Blink an item so that the user notices it. Added for original Xbox, and really not very subtle.
- 512 -
- Assume that the parent entity is always animating. Causes it to realign every frame.