Difference between revisions of "Dota 2"
(Needs to be updated desperately. Doesn't even mention Source 2.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 06:03, 15 August 2017
This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
This article needs to be updated to include current information regarding the subject.
This game has been announced and is in development.
Dota 2 is the official follow-up to the Warcraft III custom map Defense of the Ancients. It is an "Action RTS" where players control a Hero unit and engage enemy players using their Heroes' unique abilities. Valve is collaborating with one of the primary contributors of the original DotA series.
- Cloth simulation
- Real-time cloth simulation (i.e. soft-body physics) will be introduced to Source.
- Global lighting
- The world is lit and shadowed dynamically with env_global_light (in addition to pre-compiled light).
- Steamworks integration
- Building upon community-driven features from Team Fortress 2, players will be able to share strategy guides and coach newer players through Steamworks.
- MultiBlend Textures
- 4-way texture blending, upgrading/replacing WorldVertexTransition
- Screen-space Anti-aliasing
- Anti-aliasing for use with deferred shading
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
- Ssao post-process shader
- Published demo file format
- Dota 2 Demo Format contains a link and instructions for parsing the Dota 2 demo files
- Custom Addon Support
- See the Dota 2 Addon Portal for more details.