This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
This is a description of what each version of DirectX is capable of, for reference when creating fallback materials. Under each heading are features not available in previous versions of DirectX.
- Blob shadows
- Refractions with the use of a du/dv map
- Dynamic shadows
- Bump-mapped shading
- Cubed specular maps
- Soft edge dynamic shadows
- Refractions with the use of a bump map
- Distance fog
- True reflection for water
- Softer edge dynamic shadows