Difference between revisions of "Diff And Patch"
m (→Diff Tools)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Latest revision as of 16:25, 30 November 2010
Diff tools can be extremely useful when working on large projects, especially when sharing code between several programmers without the aid of a revision control system such as CVS or Perforce. These tools make it possible to track changes betwen two different versions of a mod, and are even capable of seamlessly merging two different mods.
Yet another use is to examine changes on the SDK tree after a update, in addition to reading the changelog.
- A groupware framework for game developing, includes a good diff tool.
- Beyond Compare
- An excellent text comparison tool.
- Scooter Software
- A POSIX layer for Windows which includes many popular GNU tools such as GCC (GNU Compiler Collection), GNU Patch, etc.
- Meld is a visual diff and merge tool. It integrates especially well with CVS. The diff viewer lets you edit files in place (diffs update dynamically), and a middle column shows detailed changes and allows merges. Gnome app.
- A Windows tool for examining differences between two set of files.
- Sourcegear DiffMerge Free
- DiffMerge is an application to visually compare and merge files for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Visual folder diff (inspect sourcecode diff very fast on new releases)
- DiffMerge Download
You can read more about how diff software works here: