Dark Messiah: Usable Ladders
This page is a candidate for speedy deletion because:
This type of ladder is not unique to dark messiah, therefore the content for how to create one is already available at Working Ladders, making this page obsolete.
If you disagree with its speedy deletion, please explain why on its talk page. If this page obviously does not meet the criteria for speedy deletion, or you intend to fix it, please remove this notice, but do not remove this notice from articles that you have created yourself.
Creating your ladder
1) Begin by creating a prop_static entity.
2) For this tutorial we're going to use a basic wooden ladder. As the world model choose: models/props/furnitures/humans/ladder_a.mdl
3) Place a ladder and align it.
Creating a starting point and an end pointCreate two info_ladder_dismount entities. Place one at each end of the ladder as seen in the screenshot on the right.
Creating usable ladders
Now create two func_useableladder point entities (not brush).
directly on top of the info_ladder_dismount entity. This is because both entities will be connected in the next step (the connection can be seen in the picture on the right).
Both entities then work like a railway track, the func_usableladder entity at the top being the final position of the player before he climbs up to take the position of the info_ladder_dismount entity.
Warning: Before proceeding to connect both entities, make sure that both func_usableladder entities are rotated in the direction the player is supposed to look when he is climbing up the ladder.
To do this, right click on each entity and select Properties. Click on the Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) Keyvalue and point it in the direction of the ladder. Only need Yaw (Z) is needed.
For example, if the Pitch Yaw Roll is
27.5 90 0change it to
0 90 0
1) To connect both entities, open the Properties of the func_usableladder entity at the top.
2) Click on End and copy the content.
3) Now open the properties of the other func_usableladder at the start of the ladder, and paste the coordinates in the End Keyvalue.
NPCs like the npc_necroguard will only be able to use a ladder when AI navigation has been added to it. Place them as seen in the picture on the right.