Custom Compiler GUI
|Custom Compiler GUI|
|Date||5 Oct 2011|
|Current Version||0.9 (Pre-Release)|
|Prerequisites||.NET Framework 4.0|
Custom Compiler GUI is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for a/set of compiler(s). Essentially, it is allows users to change the settings for the compiler(s) they wish to run, but it is configurable for any (set of) compiler(s). It allows a "modder" to generate a configuration file, which contains information about the compiler(s). This is used by the program to display options to the user.
This tool is aimed mainly at mappers & modellers, who require compiler set-ups for more than one (set of) compiler(s) (eg. studiomdl for modelling, and the map compilers for mapping). Although, it can be used by anyone, for pretty much any program with a "standardoutput" (same message output as console command-line applications), and returns a non-zero exit code on erroring.
- Choose unwanted textures — Choose the textures you wish the converter to disregard, meaning that all faces with that texture will not be converted to triangles.
- Support for Generic Map files — Supports the Generic Map format (used mainly in Goldsource map editors).
- Material folder selection — Select the materials folder to read the .VMT materials from. This is required if converting texture info, because the dimensions of the textures used are required for converting between the two types (UV vectors & shifts to UV vertex coordinates).
New in 1.1.0:
- Convert texture info — Choose whether or not to convert the texture application information. If selected, it is necessary that you choose a Map Material Folder, which contains all the materials not selected in the list above it.
- Calc Error — Change this only if any errors say to do so, you may also change this if you repeatedly get an error not related to textures during conversion. In the event of errors, please increase this value. I advise a value between 0.01 and 0.00001. Lower values improve the precision of the calculations, higher values allow for larger errors in the calculations of vertices. If the map contains only vertices at integer coordinates, I advise this to be set close to its maximum value for the lowest chance of error. If you still receive errors, try removing the most complicated and/or large objects from the map.
- 1.1.0 — Fixed a lot of bugs, including errors in .VMT reading. Made dev/ textures auto-select when reading .VMFs. Improved the conversion method (brush corners are now calculated, rather than assumed to be plane-defining points). Added a 'Calculation Error' field, which should help solve most errors that occur. Also, fixed some bugs in the .VMF reading.
- 1.0.0 — Initial release.