Creating a brush entity
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 02:15, 13 May 2008 by Beeswax
- Create a new brush
- Select it in one of the 2D views.
- Use the shortcut key
Ctrl+T(or, from the right-click menu, choose "Tie to Entity", or click the
toEntitybutton in the bottom right panel.)
- Select the type of brush entity to create from the Class list.
- Click Apply.
- The default entity in the selection list is func_detail, which is solid for everything. For a list of all Brush Entities see the Category:Brush Entities
- A Brush entity may span multiple brushes, so all currently selected brushes will be tied to one single entity. That entity's properties settings will be applied to all of its brushes.
- Use Ctrl+W or the toWorld button to remove the entity information from the brushes.