Creating a Guardian Scenario Map
This article is actively undergoing a major edit.
The person who added this notice will be listed in its edit history should you wish to contact them.
This tutorial on how to make a Guardian Scenario map requires on you to know how to map for CS:GO already. If you don't know, you should learn how to here.
The Guardian Scenario was first introduced around Operation: Bloodhound as a way to play co-op with a friend inside specific maps. These maps have the gd_ prefix. This tutorial will go over the special requirements when making these kinds of maps.
The latter half of this tutorial will guide through how to set up this gamemode for Hostage Rescue Situations, as this functionality was added by Valve, but not ever properly acted upon.
Which Maps Are Supported?
If you want to try out some of Valve's Guardian Scenario Maps, load up one of the following maps and use the commands game_mode 0 and game_type 4
- gd_bank (Has more limited LOS to make a better bombsite)
- gd_cbble (Lack of Stairs on B; and modified drop zone; Hostage Rescue Scenario)
- gd_crashsite (Special Guardian Only Map!)
- gd_lake (Hostage Rescue Scenario)
- de_coast (From Operation: Wildfire)
- de_dust2 (Has Alternate Script)
- de_empire (From Operation: Wildfire; Has Alternate Script)
- de_lake (Has Alternate Script)
- de_mikla (From Operation: Wildfire; Has Alternate Script)
- de_mirage (Has Alternate Script)
- de_overpass (Has Alternate Script)
- de_train (Has Two Alternate Scripts)
- de_tulip (Has Alternate Script)
Although gd_assault is in the game files, it is broken, and unlikely to be fixed.
However, if you want to make your de_ map compatible with the Guardian Scenario gamemode, skip to How to make a Guardian .txt file
Setting up a bombsite
The first thing any gd_ map will need is a bombsite.I'm not going to go through how to make one here. Just ensure it is fair and balanced.
gd_ maps only have one bombsite so don't make any more than that.
Place CT spawns inside the bombsite zone so that they know where to defend when they spawn.
Setting up Terrorist Spawns
There should be sevral corridors from your bombsite to