|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts—Help us develop the articles or ideas you want
Ammunition | Animals | Animated Clouds & Sky | Antlions | Beams | Bushes | Cables | Color | Combat | Combine | Creatures | Doors | Dust | Elevators | Environmental Lighting | Explosions | Fire | Fog | Foliage | Glass | Grass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lasers | Lighting | Moving Clouds | Music | Optimization | Outdoors | Physics | Retinal scanners | Ropes | Smoke | Sound | Special effects | Sun | Terrain | Trains | Trees | Turrets | Water | Weather | Windows | Zombie
The Combine is an intergalactic (or possibly interdimensional, or both) alliance of species. Its true nature is not very well known. They are the primary antagonists in the Half-Life 2 games.
For the currently known backstory details of the Combine, see Combine History.
- Dr. Wallace Breen (npc_breen) - The former administrator of Black Mesa, Breen is now the ruler of Earth. He cooperates directly with the Combine.
- Advisor (npc_advisor) - The sluglike advisors appear to be major players in the Combine; Breen is seen reporting to an advisor. They appear to possess telekinetic powers which allow them to fly, and may also exhibit psychic powers.
- Combine Soldier (npc_combine_s) - Combine soldiers - the Overwatch, Nova Prospekt, and Elite troops. All variants of the soldier are contained as separate models within this NPC.
- Stalker (npc_stalker) - Combine worker drone
- Strider (npc_strider) - Very tall tripedal creatures which are sometimes found patrolling the streets
- Hunter-Chopper (npc_helicopter) - The common attack chopper which sports a machine-gun and may drop explosives
- Combine APC (prop_vehicle_apc) - A ground-based troop transport, which can fire rockets.
- Dropship (npc_combinedropship) - A flying troop transport
- Gunship (npc_combinegunship) - A highly mobile airborne NPC, at least semi-organic but with a chopper-like rotor in its rear section
- Combine Ground Turret (npc_turret_ground) - A stationary turret
- Combine Turret (npc_turret_floor) - The common freestanding turrets
- Combine Ceiling Turret (npc_turret_ceiling) - a ceiling-mounted turret
- Combine Camera (npc_combine_camera) - Wall-mounted cameras which track the player's movements
- Combine Scanner (npc_cscanner) - Hovering robots which will follow and photograph the player, reporting his or her position to other Combine units.
- Manhack (npc_manhack) - A small and highly mobile hovering robot, which attacks with spinning blades
- Roller Mine (npc_rollermine) - a spherical object, slightly larger than a basketball, that attacks by bouncing against its target and emitting electricity
- Claw/Shield Scanner (npc_clawscanner) - A variant of the standard Scanner
- Hunter (npc_hunter) - A fast and tough tripedal enemy, which fires exploding flechettes.
- Antlion thumper (prop_thumper) - The thumpers strike the ground to ward off nearby antlions
- Prisoner Pod (prop_vehicle_prisoner_pod) - The prisoner pod which both Eli and the player ride in at the citadel
- combine_shieldwall - A toggleable combine shield, used for obstructing doorways
- combine_shieldwall_static - A combine shield that cannot be toggled
- combine_ballspawner - a huge Combine energy conduit shaft that spawns a constant stream of energy balls, as seen in the Citadel elevator shaft in Half-Life 2
- combine_ball_generator - a smaller-scale energy ball generator setup