Difference between revisions of "Combat"
m (Added the 'abstract mapping' template to the page, hidden the table of content)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 04:13, 16 September 2019
|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts - Help us develop the articles or ideas you want|
Ammunition | Animals & Creatures | Antlions | Beams & Lasers | Cables & Ropes | Clouds & Sky | Color Theory | Combat | Combine | Doors | Dust, Fog & Smoke | Elevators | Environmental Lighting & Weather | Explosions | Fire | Foliage | Glass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lighting | Optimization | Physics | Retinal scanners | Sound & Music | Special effects | Terrain | Trains | Turrets | Water | Zombie
A hub for articles about creating fighting and combat in Source maps and mods.
- ai_relationship - sets which NPCs will fight or ally with which others
- Standoffs - controls how NPCs behave during combat
- Assaults - organized attacks along a path
- Squads - getting NPCs to act as a team
- Rappelling (see external link)
- Door kicks (through the use of scripted sequences)
- ai_goal_police - station a guard at a door (non-lethal)
- path_corner - used to create patrol routes (see external links for tutorial)
- Turrets - fixed, movable, and usable varieties
- Hint nodes and Nodegraph for NPC navigation.
Most NPCs can fight, but some require special set-up:
- Dropships: npc_combinedropship; see external link
- Gunships and helicopters (npc_combinegunship and npc_helicopter) (see external link)
- Striders (npc_strider)
- headcrab cannisters
- NPCs will not move far, if at all, unless they have info_nodes. See Node graph.
- All types of Combine soldier are placed with npc_combine_s entities; see the model property.
- Human rebels are placed with npc_citizen entities.
- Collection of NPC tutorials (Archived version retrieved on 1 September, 2009)